• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

R51 Range Test Take-II

Started by Hrfunk, July 11, 2018, 07:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hrfunk

Here's a video link to my second range test of the R51. At this point, I've taken on this little pistol as a bit of a project to see if I can make if run reliably. If any of you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know!

HRF

https://youtu.be/r4HUNEfr-j0

Zenshot

I've enjoyed the videos.  Loading only 6 in the mag has worked for me with the mags that I've had problems with.  I have a mag that always works with 7 so the QC seems suspect.  Check out the posts on this forum about the variation in the width of the feed lips among different mags.  I think that is the major issue. 
-David

mr220v

That front lip was causing me issues.  I bent it forward a bit, and suddenly wolf was reliable.....although it might have been keyholing.  It was still decently accurate.

Hope you find a way to like the gun.  If nothing else, it will make good material for many more videos.

Hrfunk

Quote from: mr220v on July 18, 2018, 09:03:42 PM
That front lip was causing me issues.  I bent it forward a bit, and suddenly wolf was reliable.....although it might have been keyholing.  It was still decently accurate.

Hope you find a way to like the gun.  If nothing else, it will make good material for many more videos.

There is going to be another chapter with the R51 coming soon. It may yet redeem itself!

HRF

Pat Riot

Thanks for the video HR. That issue you have with the cartridge up and out of the mag in a straight line is one I haven't seen. It almost seems that the mag lips have spread and allowed the cartridge to jump straight up. Odd.

R51Fan2017

Quote from: Hrfunk on July 19, 2018, 08:13:43 AM
There is going to be another chapter with the R51 coming soon. It may yet redeem itself!

HRF

Howard,

I believe a little more working with the pistol and it will redeem itself! Don't give up yet! Good luck!

Sean
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Zenshot

Put another 200 rounds through my Charlotte model R51.  I only run it loaded with 6 + 1 (not 7+1) and never has any feed problems with any of my mags.
-David