• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Remington Faces Default

Started by DUTCH Van Atlanta, November 24, 2017, 07:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUTCH Van Atlanta

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

R51Fan2017

Hate to see a great American gun company going through this. But it just isn't limited to Remington only. Smith and Wesson isn't doing so hot either.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

JDCRAB

I noticed that about 5 years ago, Remington's reloading products, such as primers and such took a sharp up-turn in price.

I think that made the brand unpopular with handloaders and has contributed to their troubles today,
Fealty to the 2nd amendment forever.

valvestem

Remington is owned by the Freedom Group, they may save the brands for a while, but profits are more important than product quality IMO.

1911SHOOTER

So many guns, so little time!

1911SHOOTER

One of my favorite LGS's recently dropped Big Green because of their pricing policies.

Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on January 09, 2018, 11:34:50 PM
One of my favorite LGS's recently dropped Big Green because of their pricing policies.

Blackie

"LGS" ?
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

plunkster

Quote from: DUTCH Van Atlanta on January 10, 2018, 04:56:56 AM
Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on January 09, 2018, 11:34:50 PM

Blackie

"LGS" ?

Local Gun Shop

:)

funflyer

R51Fan2017

Quote from: funflyer on February 09, 2018, 03:06:34 PM
Can't be sure but this sure smells like the beginning of the end for the big green machine.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-remingtonoutdoor-bankruptcy-exclusive/exclusive-u-s-gunmaker-remington-seeks-financing-to-file-for-bankruptcy-sources-idUSKBN1FT04C

Oh boy. This ain't good at all. I wonder what will happen to gun production. Will it cease entirely, or will it continue under someone else's roof?  Or will Remington be re-structured and things continue as they are now? I think I need to get another R51 before it's too late!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

SCurmudgeon

So much for the lifetime warranty.

funflyer

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on February 09, 2018, 03:29:32 PM
Oh boy. This ain't good at all. I wonder what will happen to gun production. Will it cease entirely, or will it continue under someone else's roof?  Or will Remington be re-structured and things continue as they are now? I think I need to get another R51 before it's too late!

The way I understand it, and I'm not by any means an expert, is that if Remington doesn't find a sucker to fund them into bankruptcy, their assets will be liquidated to cover their debt, This means their operations will cease. Those who have any guns in for repair better hope to get them back before any of this happens or they may become assets. If the bankruptcy does get funded then those guns could be tied up for years. :'(

I look on the bright side, think of all the dirt cheap R51 parts that will show up on Ebay ;D

R51Fan2017

Quote from: funflyer on February 09, 2018, 04:40:25 PM
Those who have any guns in for repair better hope to get them back before any of this happens or they may become assets. If the bankruptcy does get funded then those guns could be tied up for years. :'(

Pardon my Spanish, but that would really suck wouldn't it? Loose your gun because it's an asset? This is a horrific ending for a great American gun maker.  :'(

- Larry Elder

RED HORSE

The way they have handled the R51 release and re-release and the absolute lack of any meaningful customer service, quite frankly they need to go bankrupt and start over.

R51Fan2017

Quote from: RED HORSE on February 09, 2018, 07:46:26 PM
The way they have handled the R51 release and re-release and the absolute lack of any meaningful customer service, quite frankly they need to go bankrupt and start over.

And now you see what happens when the Freedom Group gets a hold of a company. That, and this whole boat load of s*** about the school shooting and the guy using a Remington rifle. Good grief, like they had a lot of control over their rifle being used in a crime. In a way, I agree with you Red Horse, as I know we have all experienced their customer service trying to get this sorted out (or lack of). I just can't help but feel sorry for them.

- Larry Elder