• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Mfgr. listening?

Started by springfield art, January 22, 2018, 04:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1911SHOOTER

Hey Guys,
     Be nice.   both mfrs are makers of quality guns.
I have a CZ Model 82, 9X18 and it shoots all day never a hiccup
Just like my R51s.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

R51Fan2017

I think Remington's problem is not so much the gun anymore as it is the magazines. I believe the gun is perfect. I have been leaving reviews on Bass Pro's and Academy's websites as well as Cabela's and others touting the R51, but also including comments on the magazines and what to do about that lip in the front. I hope it convinces a lot of folks to go and buy one now.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on February 07, 2018, 11:22:47 PM
Hey Guys,
     Be nice.   both mfrs are makers of quality guns.
I have a CZ Model 82, 9X18 and it shoots all day never a hiccup
Just like my R51s.
Blackie

Wish my R51 did that.  I consider it to be a single shot pistol because of the mag problems.  One should not have to re-engineer the mags on a pistol from a supposed top of the line manufacturer.

I sent an email to Remington last week and mentioned that I thought the mags were/are crap.  The person who responded said he agreed with me, and would send two newly designed ones at no charge.  I don't have a whole lot of hope for improvement, but will post when I receive them and go to the range.
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

R51Fan2017

Quote from: DUTCH Van Atlanta on February 08, 2018, 04:47:31 PM

Wish my R51 did that.  I consider it to be a single shot pistol because of the mag problems.  One should not have to re-engineer the mags on a pistol from a supposed top of the line manufacturer.

I sent an email to Remington last week and mentioned that I thought the mags were/are crap.  The person who responded said he agreed with me, and would send two newly designed ones at no charge.  I don't have a whole lot of hope for improvement, but will post when I receive them and go to the range.

Dutch,

Keep us posted. Funny thing. I squawked a month or so back about the bad mags too. I got sent a mag that wasn't even in any factory packaging. Just a mailer envelope. To boot, the weld wasn't even finished on the bottom and the follower had even more slop than the previous mags. I think it was a factory reject they just sent back out trying to get rid of it. Who knows. Although, after some tinkering, it works plenty fine.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

russc2542

Quote from: DUTCH Van Atlanta on February 07, 2018, 02:18:17 PM
Quote from: Engineerpower on February 07, 2018, 02:13:32 PM
Georgia, apparently. If you haven't be, it's definitely another planet...

;D

That friend lives in Florida, not Georgia.

Georgia's just "the south". Florida's a whole different planet. spring break, grandma, and batsh** crazy. news story about neighbor getting naked and howling an the roof then running around town trying to eat people? just another day in Florida.

And there do seem to be more recalls from US makers. Smith's no exception from what I've read. Lots of revolvers making a trip back to the factory for stuff that shouldn't have passed QC. Fine otherwise and afterward but it's like nobody's even glancing at them after they roll off the line.