• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Desantis Sof-Tuk holster

Started by lklawson, August 17, 2016, 02:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lklawson

Desantis website is now reporting several holsters fit the R51.  Among them is the Sof-Tuck - SKU 106NA75Z0, UPC 792695305200 - $32 (+ $18 shipping to my address).

I found one on Amazon for less than $24, delivered. 

For OWB, the Don Hume JIT Slide, model 59 (Makarov) is reported to fit.  I'll find out tomorrow.

Here's a quick holster list I compiled, reported to fit either by third parties or by the manufacturer, and the current MSRP (or best guess).

Holsters for Remington R51
Don Hume JIT Slide model 59 - OWB - $21
Galco Stinger - OWB - $51
Talon Tuckable Remington R51 IWB Holster - $50
Desantis Mini-Scabbard - OWB - $60
Desantis Pocket-Tuck - IWB (Tuckable), converts to Pocket - $30
Desantis Nemesis Pocket Holster - Pocket (external grip material) - $25
Desantis Sof-Tuck - SKU 106NA75Z0, UPC 792695305200 - $32
CrossBreed (most models) - $70

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

tresmonos

I am waiting on a IWB Kydex holster from Multi Holsters.  They offered the R51 as an option so I figured I would try it out.

FBI Cant, Deep Conceal, Full sweat shield, $64.95

http://multiholsters.com/shop/inside-the-waistband-holsters/inside-the-waistband-standard-holster/

It's almost ready to ship, I will post pics when it arrives.

DanOh

I carry IWB and had experience with Alien holsters and liked them, so that is what I purchased for my new R51.  Alien is very comfortable and is adjustable for securing the gun.  My holster will be here in a few days and I paid $51 with additional leather straps vs. the plastic belt hooks.  This is what it looks like.

Thom9mil

I see  Winthrop is carrying leather IWB and OWB for the R51. Nice. My favorite "less expensive" holster company.
http://www.winthropholsters.com/search.php?search_query=r51&Search=
Remington R51, DW Guardian, Fusion CCO, Kimber Micro 9 and some 22's.

JohnnieHostile

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: lklawson on August 17, 2016, 02:16:26 PM
Desantis website is now reporting several holsters fit the R51.  Among them is the Sof-Tuck - SKU 106NA75Z0, UPC 792695305200 - $32 (+ $18 shipping to my address).

For OWB, the Don Hume JIT Slide, model 59 (Makarov) is reported to fit.  I'll find out tomorrow.

Here's a quick holster list I compiled, reported to fit either by third parties or by the manufacturer, and the current MSRP (or best guess).

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Kirk,
     What is the URL for the  Don Hume JIT Slide model 59 - OWB.  It is not listed on Don Hume website.
In fact they do not even list the R51.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

lklawson

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on April 14, 2017, 10:26:59 PM

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Kirk,
     What is the URL for the  Don Hume JIT Slide model 59 - OWB.  It is not listed on Don Hume website.
Blackie
You're right that it's not listed for the R51.  It's made for the Makarov PM.  Fits the R51 absolutely perfect.  Wore it all day yesterday.

As I was looking for a holster, I found someone suggested that holsters for Mak's fit the R51.  I already had one JIT Slide mod. 59 which I use for my P64.  I slid the R51 in that and it fit nice and tight.  I didn't want to use the same leather for both guns.  I want the leather to mold itself to each so I bought a second.  I used a sharpie to mark the inside of each holster to be sure I keep them separate.  :)

Pics of the JIT Slide 59 with my P64:

Pics of the JIT Slide 59 with my R51:

http://grabagun.com/d-hume-jit-59-makarov-rh-brn.html
http://www.lapolicegear.com/don-hume-jit.html

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: lklawson on April 17, 2017, 08:41:14 AM
Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on April 14, 2017, 10:26:59 PM

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Kirk,
Blackie
You're right that it's not listed for the R51.  It's made for the Makarov PM.  Fits the R51 absolutely perfect.  Wore it all day yesterday.

As I was looking for a holster, I found someone suggested that holsters for Mak's fit the R51.  I already had one JIT Slide mod. 59 which I use for my P64.  I slid the R51 in that and it fit nice and tight.  I didn't want to use the same leather for both guns.  I want the leather to mold itself to each so I bought a second.  I used a sharpie to mark the inside of each holster to be sure I keep them separate.  :)

Pics of the JIT Slide 59 with my P64:

Pics of the JIT Slide 59 with my R51:

http://grabagun.com/d-hume-jit-59-makarov-rh-brn.html
http://www.lapolicegear.com/don-hume-jit.html

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Thanks Kirk,
     OOPS!  I neglected to mention that I installed a Crimson Trace laser on my R51.  Guess I will have to start looking all over again.
Anybody out there bought a holster for their R51 with red dot?   Or, I can just make one.  I made holsters for my Colt 1903 and 1908,
And my Yugo Toks.   By the time you buy the leather stock, etc, it is just as cheap to buy a holster off the shelf. 
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

Chokejug

Hmm, I would think about making one out of kydex sheet myself.

I have also seen them made out of heated, shaped, trimed and riveted polyethelene pipe

DUTCH Van Atlanta

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

Chokejug

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on April 17, 2017, 10:02:14 AM

Thanks Kirk,
     OOPS!  I neglected to mention that I installed a Crimson Trace laser on my R51.  Guess I will have to start looking all over again.
Anybody out there bought a holster for their R51 with red dot?   Or, I can just make one.  I made holsters for my Colt 1903 and 1908,
And my Yugo Toks.   By the time you buy the leather stock, etc, it is just as cheap to buy a holster off the shelf. 
Blackie

Well, now that (I almost), have two R51s, one with and one without,   a CT Laserguard, I need at least the one for the Laserguard equipped one.
(Almost, as in that I bought it a week ago this evening, but because of either or both, Cabelas and my new FFL, SCREW UPS, it isn't shipping, about 25 miles, across State Lines, until today!)

Wont know until I get this one, if it will fit the one I am presently using.
So, not looking real hard until I find out.

Rog54

Here is another one for the list.
www.wrightleatherworks.com
Rog

lklawson

I just had Defensive Training Solutions make a kydex Tuckable IWB/OWB convertible for my R51.  "Skin guard" on the inside.  $80.  I've worn it both ways.  I like it.

Having them make a high collar single mag kydex mag pouch too.

https://www.defensivetrainingsolutions.com/

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

R51Fan2017

More so than just carrying the gun, does anyone have a system or holster for carry extra mags?
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder