• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

What Holster does everyone use and why?

Started by JimmyJoe, July 28, 2020, 06:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyJoe

I'm looking at holsters. Leaning to IWB or pocket style. What do ya'll use?

runuts

I carry with a SneakyPete.  I can check the model,  if you're interested as they don't make one specifically for the R51, but the one support recommended fits perfectly.

https://sneakypeteholsters.com/springfield-xds-9mm-concealed-carry-holster/?sku=SP-1010-F1

Springfield XDS 9.  I like the Freedom series for a couple of reasons.  The front and rear pockets allow me to carry a 6 inch scale and a Sharpie marker which provides additional disguise, plus they come in handy.  And second, the leather color blends with most dress casual wear.  Works with or without a laser.

lklawson

Quote from: JimmyJoe on July 28, 2020, 06:30:33 PM
I'm looking at holsters. Leaning to IWB or pocket style. What do ya'll use?
I had a custom kydex made which can do both OWB and Tuckable IWB depending on what clips I bolt on.

Prior to that, I used a Don Hume JIT Slide Model 59.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

JimmyJoe

I was thinking bout the Desantis Nemesis pocket holster but I really like a leather holster....

Zenshot

I have two favorites for mine. For carrying Iwb with no undershirt, I use a N8 holster.  Otherwise I use an Aliengear 3.5.  I might get a Kydex holster from Cook's Holsters because it's available with leather belt loops in place of the belt clip.
-David

JimmyJoe

I just bought a Allen Spiderweb (in the pocket) holster. Figured this way I can try it and not break the bank.
I like the looks of the N8 and the Aliengear 3.5.
@runuts    which size Sneaky Pete do you use?

wrebelmachine

My first post on here. I bought a clinger holster with a clinger mag holster. Very comfortable and to just look at me you cannot tell I am carrying at all.

runuts

Quote from: JimmyJoe on August 11, 2020, 10:31:52 AM
I just bought a Allen Spiderweb (in the pocket) holster. Figured this way I can try it and not break the bank.
I like the looks of the N8 and the Aliengear 3.5.
@runuts    which size Sneaky Pete do you use?

https://sneakypeteholsters.com/springfield-xds-9mm-concealed-carry-holster/?sku=SP-1010-F1

Springfield XDS9 - Fits perfectly

hkp7fan

I use a Winthrop IWB and like it a lot.  I just went to buy another one and it looks like they are out of business.  :( 

I bought a DeSantis OWB holster but it is disappointing.  It sticks out a lot, rather than riding close to the body.

I looked at my other guns, and the Makarov has a very similar profile.  So I think I am going to go to a gun store with a good holster selection and see if I can find a Makarov holster that will work for me as an OWB holster for the R51.

Ben B.

I stopped belt carry years ago, and went with pocket carry. The R51, or at least mine has a peculiarity in that, if the slide is pushed back slightly while chambered, it tends to "click" and stay back out of battery. Pulling the trigger results in a click instead of a BANG. After a few trials of pocket holsters for R51, I found that the Allen Spiderweb Holster size 10 is working very well for pocket carry. It did need a stitch below the trigger guard.  The stitch under the trigger guard keeps the slide from bottoming out against the holster bottom.

The material on this Allen holster is synthetic, and layered and is stiffer than any other I've seen or owned, and so the holster doesn't start to "mold/stick" to the Roscoe. The gun just slides out and holster stays in place even in loose/flimsy pockets. The last thing I want is for the balloon to go up and I desperately yank the Roscoe out with the holster attached to it.

I find that Allen gun cases are junky, but I really like this pocket holster.

andrew678122

I prefer the Fobus holsters and use a Fobus C-21B paddle. It has adjustable retention tension and easily clips onto whatever belt I'm wearing.
Andrew

R51Fan2017

I used to use a Desantis IWB holster. Plenty comfortable for me and had good gun retention.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Clouseau

I use a Vedder because it was one of the few available when I bought the pistol.  i have used a Bianchi size 12, but it was modified with a Chicago screw. 

hkp7fan:  You can try one for a Markorov, and it will come close.  I found the barrel to be a a little too long for the R51 to seat it The Bianchi leather style 100.

RED HORSE

Desantis Soft Tuck IWB.  Comfortable and secure.