• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

R51 just arrived

Started by 44fanatic, April 16, 2020, 07:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

44fanatic

Hello all. I'm heading to the gun shop in a few minutes to process the paperwork on my new R51.

I'm a long time pistol guy, retired police firearms instructor and armorer and current NRA instructor.

I have plenty of handguns, but something about this gun kept me interested every time I saw one.

I've watched dozens of you tube "experts" bash them but decided to try one for myself. I also figure I can learn more here than wasting any more time on you tube!

I'll let you know how it runs as soon as I can locate some ammo, which is as scarce as toilet paper around here right now.

sebvox

That is awesome!  Nothing but enthusiasts here.  Let us know what your first impressions are.
- Erik

R51Fan2017

Funny because TBF TV just posted a new video not too long ago bashing the R51 calling it a piece of junk. The guy who reviewed it, "Hop" I believe, was just trying to find things to blackball it with. He even whined about slide bite. Shouldn't be a problem if you hold the gun correctly. The R51 slide is high enough it won't bite if you aren't riding up on it. He didn't even acknowledge the mag problems, but bashed the gun as a whole. Oh well, haters will be haters.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

sebvox

Yeah, I saw that video as well.  It was posted last week, but curious to know how old the actual footage is.  It would be interesting to know what serial number his gun has.

Just watched the video again and saw the serial number as H016688R51 so it should be an early 2017 Huntsville production.
- Erik

R51Fan2017

Quote from: sebvox on April 19, 2020, 11:22:07 AM

Just watched the video again and saw the serial number as H016688R51 so it should be an early 2017 Huntsville production.

Yeah, I saw it was a Huntsville gun. They got the Gen 2 guns working fine, his problem is magazine related I'm sure.

And as far as slide bite goes, you have to be intentionally riding up on it quite a ways to get slide bite. If you hold it correctly, it won't happen. That's why I say it was intentional. Haters suck. I think that SootchOO and HRfunk gave quality, honest reviews of the gun.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder