• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Revolvers, who has

Started by 4 Ghost, January 21, 2020, 07:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4 Ghost

Them and what is your favorite?    Model 19 S&W with 4 inch barrel,.357 Magnum here

scouts owner

Model 60 S&W 38 spcl, loaded with semi wad cutters.

Zorba

Very favorite? My new Ruger Wrangler. Also have a NAA .22s, which is "interesting" if impractical, and a Ruger Security Six which is quite nice.

My wife has a brace of Charter Arms revolvers - a .357 Mag Pug that she shoots .38 spcl out of, and a "Pathfinder" .22.
"The Veiled Male"

FlatEarther

S&W 642, 38Spl for occasional carry.
Ruger SP101, 3 inch, 357... SA/DA and 38/357 so more fun at the range.

mhartler

My S&W 442 and Model 10-5 2". Carry them both...

lklawson

I have 4 or 5.  Not sure about my favorite.  Probably my Uberti SAA clone in .45 Colt but maybe my Enfield top-break in .38 S&W.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Pointman

Many Rugers, Smith & Wesson's ,a NAA 22 mag mini mag. A cap n ball, a Taurus, . My most favorite is  my Cimarron Peacemaker clone 45 colt. By the way, the NAA is much better than a sharp stick when nothing else will fit in your clothing, also as a second or third carry. My most common CCW is the Ruger LCR. Compact, lightweight, powerful enough, and it will never fail to feed. Now the R51 will be carried at times.

waltsblues

I have 2 I got in the 80's. Both are Dan Wesson's.

I fell in love with the removable barrels. I have a 357 & 44, I have 2 - 8" barrels for each gun. One "heavy" barrel and One standard barrel without the heavy lug & T/C Red dot scopes.

Mounted on "ironsighter" see through mounts.

Mostly used for hunting but had a love affair shooting bowling pins and such for a while.
Birddogs, Home grown tomatoes and the Blues. To me it don't get much better than that!

Vette45

Quote from: waltsblues on February 07, 2020, 08:40:40 PM
I have 2 I got in the 80's. Both are Dan Wesson's.

I fell in love with the removable barrels. I have a 357 & 44, I have 2 - 8" barrels for each gun. One "heavy" barrel and One standard barrel without the heavy lug & T/C Red dot scopes.

Mounted on "ironsighter" see through mounts.

Mostly used for hunting but had a love affair shooting bowling pins and such for a while.

I have been looking into Dan Wesson Revolvers and really want one. Was yours a Model 14 or 15?

waltsblues

My 357 magnum is a Model 15-2, wow haven't looked into them for a while & see they are going for at GB.com.
When I bought mine mid-80's I got it brand new Model 15-2 with an 8" heavy barrel. so the model 15-2VH8 (vent/heavy/8")
Guy I hunted with had a 357 pistol pac with several barrels & case.
Almost got a 357 Super Mag but wound up with the 44 Mag.
Looked for a shorter barrel few years back to see about making it a possible cc gun but didn't find one. Have to keep an eye out for one again.
Birddogs, Home grown tomatoes and the Blues. To me it don't get much better than that!

R51Fan2017

Hmmm. Colt Trooper Mk III 357 Magnum
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

President Donald J. Trump

I don't own any carry revolvers but I have a few.  I prefer Rugers over Smiths. The Ruger Super Blackhawk .44magnum 7.5" goes in the woods with me during deer season when I am squirrel hunting with the 10/22.
     I carry a 6" Ruger Single six .22lr/.22mag with the .22 magnum cylinder when I am deer hunting with the Tikka T3x .260remington, in case I see some squirrels and I get tired of waiting on the deer to show up.
     I have a Ruger Bearcat because it was specifically designed for 22lr and it is a beautiful little .22 single action. I don't burn up as much .22 and it is fun to shoot. I plan to give it to my nephew when he is old enough.
      I will be getting a Remington 1858 replica, cap and ball revolver in .44 caliber for black powder season as backup. I also have plans of getting a Super Redhawk, probably .454 Casull.
      I cast and reload for various calibers and have too much .357 brass to not get a .357 mag.  I was tempted to get the Magnum Research BFR in 45/70 Gov because I load some sweet, flat nose 405gn, powdercoated, 18bhn cast bullets at 1700fps out of my Marlin 1895 guide gun, grey laminate stock, 6+1 capacity.  Love that levergun!