• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Grips?

Started by Plain Old Dave, November 21, 2019, 09:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plain Old Dave

I'd like a set of grips that at least fill the hand better, but there don't seem to be many. Also, is there a Trader? I have a brand new set of Rosewood RM380 grips to trade....

lklawson

There was a member here who was making grips.  I think he had an ebay store.

Personally, I was sad that the wood grips which Remington was offering back during the Gen 1 weren't continued.  I wanted a set.  I loved the color and the checkering pattern.  The custom wood grips which I've seen offered by after-market makers are either smooth or don't have a checkering pattern which I like.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Zenshot

I think the G10 grips sold by Remington are supposed to fill your hand more than the stock grips. 
-David

Anviljk

Sadly, I dont see anyone selling Remington branded wood grips anymore.

sebvox

I was looking at the possibility of using a Hogue grip sleeve for the R51.  Not sure how it would effect the grip safety.

https://www.hogueinc.com/handgun-grips/handall-grip-sleeves/sleeve/handall-jr-small-size-grip-sleeve-black
- Erik

Zenshot

If you want a more tacky grip, then you can try the stick on grips by Talon Grip.  They have two different grip surfaces- one is rough like sandpaper and the other a textured rubber material
-David

renoel55

After seeing what wood grips are going for - and I understand the high cost because of the time it takes to make a set, I made my own out of a scrap piece of oak ...

Zorba

Now those are nice. Stock grips are WAAAAY too flat.
"The Veiled Male"

renoel55

Thanks, and agreed on the stock panels ...  These grips add 4mm (5/32") to each side, for a total width of 30.5mm (1.2").  I find the grip much more comfortable and secure.

sebvox

Were you able to use the stock torx screws or did you have to get longer ones?
- Erik

renoel55

I could have but, the countersink would have been too deep for my liking.  So I ordered these 6mm screws from Amazon ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F34NFHS/

I spent hours searching the Internet for black anodized M3.5-0.6 screws, either torx or allen head, but had to settle on these; I spray painted them flat black.  Lots of suppliers carry M3.0 and M2.5 screws, but not M3.5.  Apparently very little demand for them.

If anyone is in need of these screws, and you want to send a SASE, I'd be happy to send a set; I'll never use up the 100 I ordered.

Scimitar101

I would love to have four of your machine screws. Please send address, and I will send envelope. Thanks.

renoel55

Quote from: Scimitar101 on April 10, 2020, 09:32:26 AM
I would love to have four of your machine screws. Please send address, and I will send envelope. Thanks.

Sent ...

sebvox

Quote from: Anviljk on January 04, 2020, 08:49:13 PM
Sadly, I dont see anyone selling Remington branded wood grips anymore.

There is a guy on ebay selling the Remington wood grips.  He had 10 pair but is down to 4 pair.
- Erik