• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

What do You Think?

Started by R51Fan2017, October 26, 2019, 11:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

springfield art

I just know it was in the New York Times, I think Monday 18th Nov. Hope this helps. The co. is being attacked as a test case to try and do away with the protection firearms makers have for subsequent bad use of their products. 

lklawson

Quote from: springfield art on November 20, 2019, 05:47:03 PM
I just know it was in the New York Times, I think Monday 18th Nov. Hope this helps.
Unfortunately, it doesn't help.  I've searched in multiple locations, check law reporting, even googled it.  I can't find anything about a new bankruptcy filing by Rem.  All news stories I find, including from NYT, reference the earlier proceedings.

It would really be helpful if you could link to the story.

QuoteThe co. is being attacked as a test case to try and do away with the protection firearms makers have for subsequent bad use of their products.
Sort of.  Most of the filings in the suit were thrown out because of PLACA(A).  The only one left was an advertising claim.  While I agree that the plaintiffs expect to lose, and that their real goal is just to bleed money, time, and resources from Remington, as well as to access their internal documents through Discovery in order to misrepresent them to the public for publicity purposes... I'm not sure that the suit will be easily replicated nearly anywhere else. 

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

springfield art

OK. I'm at the library now and will get the back copies of Mon. & Tue. Nov. 18 & 19 print copies. I'm sure I saw an article and will get back to you. Remember, filing for bankruptcy gives some creditor protection, it doesn't mean someone is going out of business, necessarily. Thanks. If it was in the Sunday print edition, I'll burrow that far back, too! I read so many papers, unless I Xerox or cut out an article, my memory fails me!