• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

R-51 currently in production 2016

Started by JRLeathUSMC, April 26, 2016, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRLeathUSMC

My brother in law is a Remington employee and text me earlier this evening that 2000 R-51's have already been made in the new Huntsville facility. Exact release date hasn't been stated, but when he finds out I will bring that info here.

RED HORSE

Great news.  Thanks for passing it on.

T3

Guys,
I  have also heard, from someone who is in an executive position, something similar with greater detail.   
The wait is almost over...  I will let you know when mine arrives.
T3

JRLeathUSMC

I also got word that Para Ordinance does not exist anymore. Upon the transition to Huntsville they relinquished their lines to Remington, and now they are all Remington Pistols. The timeline isn't exact on when this news will be made public, or when the R-51's will be hitting shelves again, but it's anticipated to be very soon.

This news come from one of the CEO's at the Huntsville Alabama facility.

lklawson

Quote from: JRLeathUSMC on April 26, 2016, 08:39:41 PM
My brother in law is a Remington employee and text me earlier this evening that 2000 R-51's have already been made in the new Huntsville facility. Exact release date hasn't been stated, but when he finds out I will bring that info here.
Thanks for the head's up.  :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

moona11

RED HORSE

Found this on another site this afternoon.  Doesn't sound like it is going to be anytime soon.  This was posted 2 May 2016.

milwriter

They're trying...
For what it's worth, I spoke to new Remington CEO Jim "Marco" Marcotuli over dinner a few weeks ago and asked him about the R51. He said his engineers and testers are still working with it making sure it doesn't face the same QC problems the original run did. ROC actually said the R51 would be re-introduced at NRA Show 2015 -- and we all know that didn't happen. I followed up with him and asked, how can it be worth it for you to invest so much time, effort and money into a carry pistol that will have such a potentially limited market? And straight up he said "it's about our reputation." That might not be enough to restore trust, but it's a pretty honest answer in my book.
milwriter is offline      Reply With Quote

ourichie

Then there is conflicting information out there. I just got this from Remington

QuoteDear Richard Brown,

"We appreciate your patience as we continue our efforts to re-launch the R51. Currently we don't have a timeframe for the re-introduction but our Huntsville R&D center is working to have it back on the market as soon as possible."

Due to the extended delay Remington is offering you one of the below options.

#1 Opt for a replacement with an 1911 (Item #96323) Will require a FFL dealer to do transfer.
#2 Wait until their release. We do not have a current ETA.
#3 Send in your receipt for a refund

Again we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you soon.

RED HORSE

Quote from: ourichie on June 07, 2016, 09:41:53 AM
Then there is conflicting information out there. I just got this from Remington

QuoteDear Richard Brown,

"We appreciate your patience as we continue our efforts to re-launch the R51. Currently we don't have a timeframe for the re-introduction but our Huntsville R&D center is working to have it back on the market as soon as possible."

Due to the extended delay Remington is offering you one of the below options.

#1 Opt for a replacement with an 1911 (Item #96323) Will require a FFL dealer to do transfer.
#2 Wait until their release. We do not have a current ETA.
#3 Send in your receipt for a refund

Again we apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to hearing from you soon.

And this is what really makes me angry.  Remington knows something.  They either know they can't fix this and are just kicking the can down the road or they know they are going to fix it and know how soon the plan to have it fixed.  The fact they won't be honest with their customers is what ensures I will not be buying another Remington product under their current management structure.  I don't think they can find their a__ with both hands.

RED HORSE

Over on the Remington Owner's forum one gentleman is claiming Remington asked him to supply info on his preferred FFL holder that he wanted his Gen 2 replacement shipped to.  Anyone else hear anything?

wa2bop

I have just this moment received the email from Remington requesting my FFL info.
Barry
What, Me Worry?

JNaffke

I received mine also, sent in my information and now the countdown begins. :)

lklawson

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/06/22/breaking-remington-reintroduces-the-r51-pistol/

Dang, I feel sooooo bad for being a "Remington shill," and insisting that Remington would release Gen 2 eventually.

I think this particular "shill" will mosey over to one of my favorite LGS's soon and put in a pre-order for a new one.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

T3

Guys,
I just talked with Remington and was told to expect my new R51 in about a week.  GunsAmerica Weekly has an article about it today also.  The eblast has started.  GA also reiterated that WE who have been waiting for so long are going to be the first to receive the new pistols.  When they start being received, make sure to post your comments about the changes and your range experiences.
Near future beta tester,
T3

Dwight

I just got a call from my FFL at about 3 and I just picked up my new Remington R51 looks nice so far I haven't had much chance to look at it or check it out much yet just thought I'd post.