• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

After market accessories??

Started by HRH1948, February 02, 2019, 12:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HRH1948

I have several questions:

Does anyone offer an available metal trigger assembly to replace the wobbly plastic toy trigger?

Does anyone know of a gunsmith that can reduce the trigger pull of an R-51 (hopefully, after the installation of a metal trigger)?

Does anyone offer extended sights for use with a suppressor?

Can anyone recommend a suppressor with a diameter small enough to allow the use of factory sights, yet effective enough to be useful?

Can anyone give an evaluation of GerryR's disassembly tools?

Can anyone recommend a high quality leather holster that will accommodate the R-51 with a Crimson Trace attachment?

Can anyone make a list of which parts and where to polish those parts to reduce the scratchiness of the slide action?

Does anyone know of a source for an extended magazine?

John Pedersen would be spinning in his grave like a Dremel tool if he could see what Remington has done with his design.  However, it is my firm belief that the R-51 can be the foundation for a great weapon system.

:)

HRH1948

Quote from: HRH1948 on February 02, 2019, 12:35:20 PM
I have several questions:

Does anyone offer an available metal trigger assembly to replace the wobbly plastic toy trigger?

I recently received my $125.00 threaded barrel from Dangerco and it was nicely finished.  I talked to Cameron Husk at Dangerco and placed an order for approx. $40.00 for an anodized aluminum anti-wobble trigger available in March.

Does anyone know of a gunsmith that can reduce the trigger pull of an R-51 (hopefully, after the installation of a metal trigger)?

??

Does anyone offer extended sights for use with a suppressor?

I went ahead and bought a Crimson Trace laser sight and the question is moot.

Can anyone recommend a suppressor with a diameter small enough to allow the use of factory sights, yet effective enough to be useful?

N/A

Can anyone give an evaluation of GerryR's disassembly tools?

These tools are handy as pockets on a shirt.

Can anyone recommend a high quality leather holster that will accommodate the R-51 with a Crimson Trace attachment?

Not leather, but Alien Gear has a OWB paddle holster called "The Cloak' that works well. 

Can anyone make a list of which parts and where to polish those parts to reduce the scratchiness of the slide action?

??

Does anyone know of a source for an extended magazine?

??

Not an answer, but I bought a RAEIND Remington R-51 9mm magazine speed loader that fits perfectly and speeds up range time.

John Pedersen would be spinning in his grave like a Dremel tool if he could see what Remington has done with his design.  However, it is my firm belief that the R-51 can be the foundation for a great weapon system.

:)