• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Trigger - Who wants a metal one?

Started by Trojan117, January 14, 2019, 06:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trojan117

The only complaint I have about my R51 right now is the stupid plastic trigger. After digging in the forum it seems that I am not the only one of this opinion.

I am a mechanical engineer, spent a lot of time as a machinist and I know I can make one pretty easily.

My Question is twofold-

How many people would be interested in purchasing one?

How much would you be willing to spend?

I am going to machine one out for myself on the CNC but I would just like to know how much people are willing to spend to see if its worth my time to set everything up.

I saw that @funflyer made one that turned out really nice IMHO and it seemed to be well recieved.

Hokahey,

Trojan

GerryR

I would be interested in 2 of them.  I'm thinking the $35-$40 range each??  Would they be made from aluminum or steel?
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from bad judgment!

waltsblues

I'm with Gerry, 2 for me and about the same price range.

thanks
Birddogs, Home grown tomatoes and the Blues. To me it don't get much better than that!

Trojan117

Thanks Guys.

I think I can probably make that work. When I get mine made I will post some pictures. Its not worth it for 4 but perhaps I can draw some more interest after I have mine finished up.

Trojan

Indyman

I'd like to have several ... and I'd prefer stainless steel

Hasaf

Another voice of interest here. I would go for one. Probably the same price range as above.

lklawson

What I dislike about the R51 trigger isn't so much that it's plastic.  Actually that doesn't bother me at all.  It's the slight side-to-side wiggle that bugs me.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Swschu

I would like titanium anodized black thank you.

ulflyer

Not sure I would be able to install one,  but if I thought I could,  I'd like one with a wider face,  and perhaps a bit of curve on the tip?

R51Fan2017

I would love one. $30 range would be perfectly doable.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Spitfireguy

Yes I am rather bothered by the plastic trigger on this otherwise all steel or aluminum gun.  While I would go for a metal trigger (steel, Al, whatever) in principle, I have since come to the opinion that the effort is futile more trouble than it's worth if the trigger in question doesn't have the capability of adjustable take-up on the reset.

Where I'm coming from is the comment frequently seen on this forum about how the R51 muzzle tends to shake with the release of the sear.  IMHO, this is due to the about 3/32's to 1/8'ths inch of travel in the trigger after the release of the sear; the 'bump' experienced at the end of the trigger's travel is what is causing the muzzle shake.  Does your trigger resolve that?  If so I'd consider paying as much as a hundred dollars for it.  Otherwise I'll pass.

Thanks for offering though.

-

Engineerpower

I hear there may be one in the works...

Specifically designed not to wobble, too...
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

Trojan117

I'm glad to see someone else is taking the initiative. Now I don't have to. :) Unless for some reason someone specifically wants one from me I will just go ahead and drop the subject for now.

Trojan

Engineerpower

You should jump on the fiber optic front sights. Triggers are going to keep me busy for the time being, and this pistol would benefit from a nice, bright FO sight.
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

Trojan117

Engineer,

I'll think about it. I don't really mind the sights myself. I have a couple other projects that I am working on so that'll be a back burner for sure.

Trojan