• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

1911 R1-S

Started by funflyer, May 10, 2018, 06:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funflyer

Picked up my R1 stainless today. All I can say is Huntsville has their stuff together on the 1911 line. This one has a lighter, more crisp trigger than my 9mm enhanced does and I haven't even done a fluff & buff yet. I had to change out the walnut grips for some USAF carbon fiber grips as soon as I got it home. I might have to start carrying this one as soon as it proves itself at the range.

R51Fan2017

Very nice Todd!! You got me envious now!  8)
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Engineerpower

How's she running these days?  :)
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

funflyer

Quote from: Engineerpower on May 20, 2018, 08:40:17 AM

Haven't had this one to the range yet as there's a shooting ban going on in the county until the monsoon rains get here, too dry. I don't do the so called "organized" ranges since I retired from the military either. So, if this one is as reliable and accurate as my 9mm Enhanced R1, it'll be a winner.

R51Fan2017

Quote from: funflyer on May 20, 2018, 04:11:25 PM
Quote from: Engineerpower on May 20, 2018, 08:40:17 AM

Haven't had this one to the range yet as there's a shooting ban going on in the county until the monsoon rains get here, too dry. I don't do the so called "organized" ranges since I retired from the military either. So, if this one is as reliable and accurate as my 9mm Enhanced R1, it'll be a winner.

I bet my bottom dollar it is!  ;) 1911s are pretty good guns. Heck the government wouldn't have used them for 65+ years if they had problems. Still want a range report though!  :)
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

funflyer

Well It finally started raining here and the ban's lifted so I got to the range last Friday with the new R1. Just like the 9mm this 45 is a sweet shooter, and very accurate. I only had two boxes of ball ammo with me and it ate every last one along with 14 rounds of American Gunner hollow-points without issue. First shots shown in the first two pictures. Third picture was several mags later. None less than 10 yards.

R51Fan2017

Good groupings, and that pistol is absolutely beautiful!

- Larry Elder

Rog54

Hi Todd,
I'm a little late, but...congratulations on the new R1S.  I also have one.  Is yours the enhanced version?  I agree, the first time I shot mine I was impressed. If it misses I'm convinced it's me not the gun.
Rog
Rog

funflyer

Quote from: Rog54 on October 02, 2018, 06:35:56 PM
Hi Todd,
I'm a little late, but...congratulations on the new R1S.  I also have one.  Is yours the enhanced version?  I agree, the first time I shot mine I was impressed. If it misses I'm convinced it's me not the gun.
Rog

Thanks Rog,

No, my R1S is just the standard version, but I do have an enhanced in 9mm and it is a fantastic pistol. I would love to have an enhanced in 45 but my short list says 10mm at the top. I'm not sure which 10mm I'd like so It'll be a while.

R51Fan2017

Todd,

Any updated shooting reports? Just wondering. The weather is finally starting to break, and I am going to be heading back outside to shoot some more in the upcoming days. Also, have you started carrying this one?

- Larry Elder

funflyer

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on October 03, 2018, 08:22:06 PM
Todd,

Any updated shooting reports? Just wondering. The weather is finally starting to break, and I am going to be heading back outside to shoot some more in the upcoming days. Also, have you started carrying this one?

Sean, I try to get to the range at least once a week and have fired all my 1911's a bunch. All have been 100% reliable so all are fit for carry duty. The only issue I have with carrying 1911s, is concealment so summer carry is limited to my Shields and pocket 380s which are undetectable/comfortable IWB. I'm still undecided on which OWB holster I want for the 1911s but am sure to have one for the winter.

R51Fan2017

Quote from: funflyer on October 04, 2018, 01:11:40 PM
Sean, I try to get to the range at least once a week and have fired all my 1911's a bunch. All have been 100% reliable so all are fit for carry duty. The only issue I have with carrying 1911s, is concealment so summer carry is limited to my Shields and pocket 380s which are undetectable/comfortable IWB. I'm still undecided on which OWB holster I want for the 1911s but am sure to have one for the winter.

Todd,

Likewise, I find the 1911 difficult for summer carry as well. So more than likely, it will be dragged out this winter. Nothing new about 1911 reliability. They just are nearly always 100%. The only thing that makes them hang up are sometimes mags. Glad yours is still doing well though! I may splurge and get a Remington 1911 at some point. You are making me want to have one!

- Larry Elder