• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

50 re-designed prototype 51s? Any news?

Started by Terrier, January 23, 2016, 01:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T3

Guys,

I saw this on another website today. . .

Just got this back today from Remington.

"Good morning, 

That gun is schedule for the second quarter of this year. It has been approved and sometime during the second quarter is when we will start shipping them."

It sounds like the rep with whom I spoke at the first of February was correct!
Still hoping to be a R51, Gen 2 Beta Tester this year,
T3

ComingCurse

As of April 8 2016, the official stance is "there's currently no timeline". The guy I spoke with on the phone said he "heard" they were testing them, but hasn't actually seen one or knew about a timeline. I honestly felt he was trying to keep me from taking the r1 offer more than he actually believed they were making a gen 2 - just my gut.
  I took the r1 offer.

RED HORSE

At least you got someone who would talk to you.  They hung up on me last Friday afternoon.

I'm beginning to look into taking Remington to small claims court.  It turns out they are owned by a holding company located in England, The Freedom Group http://www.freedom-group.com/.  This may be the problem, this is an investment group and only cares about making money, and doesn't care one iota about customer service.

lklawson

Quote from: RED HORSE on April 11, 2016, 08:36:59 PM
At least you got someone who would talk to you.  They hung up on me last Friday afternoon.

I'm beginning to look into taking Remington to small claims court.
Please do this.  Post up all the proceedings and then how much you have to pay in court fines.

QuoteIt turns out they are owned by a holding company located in England, The Freedom Group http://www.freedom-group.com/.  This may be the problem, this is an investment group and only cares about making money, and doesn't care one iota about customer service.
Everyone has known for ages that Freedom Group "holds" Remington.  It was big news years ago when it happened.  And, restrain your shock, but companies are in business to make money.  Only the Government is OK with just giving away money and running at a continual deficit.

T3

Guys and Gals,

10:22AM on 06/10/2016 - The R51 production team has a BIG announcement coming up about the release date for the Gen 2.  Keep your eyes open for a barrage of electronic information to the loyal R51 owners and an eblast to announce the re-launch to the rest of the gun world in the next few weeks.  The approvals have all been made, the suppliers are all on board, the plant is fabricating (has already built 100's, tested and proved reliable) and distribution is preparing to package them to send out the first ones to those that have stuck it out and have been loyal (although exasperated) to Remington.  From what I have been told over the past few months about how it has been thoroughly tested and painstakingly inspected, this next version is going to be GREAT!  The redesign and the durability of the Gen 2 will extend its longevity to make it an heirloom for generations to come...like its predecessor the Model 51.  If you sent your original R51 back for the voluntary recall repairs and have been waiting like I have for almost 2 years...the wait is almost over.  It will be so nice to be able to talk about the performance of the new Remington R51 - Generation 2 Pistol  and put behind us all of the other conspiracy stuff that has been posted on this forum.  It is rather apropos that this re-release will happen in their 200th year anniversary.  I will be honest that I have also been skeptical, but have hoped what I was being told was correct (even though the time line kept getting pushed back until they could make sure it met their QC requirements...this time).

Congratulations to Mr. Marcotuli for having the tenacity to verify the quality of every single one the details, and to the Remington engineers, designers, and mechanics that have worked to get it right before the marketers are allowed to hype it up.  I hope this has been a lesson learned for all gun makers, albeit there could have been some improvements on the communication side.  And to the person that has kept me up to date (so I could keep you guys informed of the real facts) I am very appreciative.

Mine is being shipped!  Soon to be an R51 Gen 2 Beta tester,
T3

Ghostmaker

Quote from: T3 on June 10, 2016, 11:16:47 AM
The redesign and the durability of the Gen 2 will extend its longevity to make it an heirloom for generations to come...like its predecessor the Model 51.
I would like to hope that this mean steel-on-steel contact for the locking shoulder.  Throughout this affair, I have learned that abandoning hope is the best strategy, though. 

RED HORSE

Well, hopefully the report is correct, but I will remain a skeptic until the package arrives at my door.  Remington told me too many times it was coming in the "next quarter." 

Terrier

I'll be one of the first to place my order when and IF the things ever actually arrive.  I can appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, but I share in the skepticism and cautious attitude of the venerable gun dogs here.  It is certainly way too early to be handing out congratulations and passing the jug around.

Daksslursuado58

I have deleted this guys account but left this post here in edited form so I can apologize to my members who had to see this and who reported this post.

I'll try and stay on top of this stuff better in the future.

Thanks
Robert