• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Armalite AR24

Started by ElViejo, April 03, 2018, 04:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElViejo

I just read the blurb on the CZ75 vs R 51.  Its sort of a watermelon vs orange debate, BUT whilst on the subject, if anyone comes across an Armalite AR24, they should snap it up if they want a full size duty pistol.  A sort of cross between a CZ75 and an old SIG 210.

Engineerpower

Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

R51Fan2017

So it is an all plastic gun?? Uh, pardon me, polymer not plastic.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Engineerpower

Negative, steel and aluminum, looks like.
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

R51Fan2017

Quote from: Engineerpower on April 05, 2018, 02:49:02 PM

They sure made it look like it was polymer. How good a pistol is it? I have never heard of one.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

russc2542

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on April 05, 2018, 03:03:15 PM
Quote from: Engineerpower on April 05, 2018, 02:49:02 PM

They sure made it look like it was polymer. How good a pistol is it? I have never heard of one.

It's a black epoxy like many CZs (and others). very thick paint. I don't care for it much either. It's yet another CZ75 clone.

R51Fan2017

I prefer the old CZs. The new ones just aren't as appealing as the old ones.

- Larry Elder