• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Time for boycotts

Started by 1911SHOOTER, March 23, 2018, 08:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1911SHOOTER

Time to start boycotting business's that treat gun owners like second
class citizens!  My family has changed banks because of this.
We drive 40 miles to do business with a bank that has no
signs banning handguns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/22/youtube-bans-more-firearms-videos-days-before-national-rally-for-gun-control/?utm_term=.804792ad6263
So many guns, so little time!

lklawson

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 23, 2018, 08:33:16 AM
signs banning handguns.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/22/youtube-bans-more-firearms-videos-days-before-national-rally-for-gun-control/?utm_term=.804792ad6263
Ref:
https://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/threads/youtube-did-did-not-ban-reloading-videos.325495/#post-2455867

====================
I opened a Youtube tab, clicked on "Send Feedback" at the bottom of the list on the left hand side, and sent this note:

I have become aware that Youtube is changing the "policies" regarding firearms video content to ban videos containing content on servicing firearms and home hobbyists hand-loading and reloading ammunition.  These are legal, legitimate hobbies which millions of law-abiding citizens, and potential Youtube customers, ethically and morally engage in on a daily basis.  The new "policies" are offensive and, if Youtube continues with this course of action, I will be lobbying my legislators to declare Youtube a Public Utility and regulate it accordingly, cease using the Youtube utility, and encourage all my contacts to do the same.

And I will too.  Screw 'em.

I threw in "offensive" because that tends to get attention and I KNOW that throwing in the threat of regulation gets their attention.  It's not just an idle threat.  I will send letters to my Senators and Congressional Reps requesting they declare yootoob a "Public Utility."  I've had it with ceding ground to people who aren't interested in fair and even discourse, want to shut down opposing voices and de-platform them, "otherise" and run unethical smear campaigns.  We've been told many times that this is a "Culture War."  OK, well it's time to start acting like we're in a war.  We thought that Vietnam was a "Police Action" and helping out a friendly nation, while the North Vietnamese and Chinese treated it like a war.  In a "war" sometimes you have to use scorched earth and area denial.  If you have to retreat or cede ground, you DON'T leave usable materials behind.  If you have to escape, frigg'n blow the ammo dump and poison the food.  That's what would happen if yootoob were regulated as a "Public Utility."  It makes it unusable for either side.  ...which is better than making it unusable for us and a gold-mine for the anti-freedom SJW's.  Screw 'em.  Poison the well.
====================
Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

R51Fan2017

I am tired of all this one sided bull**** from the liberal left. By George, when will conservative America say "enough is enough, and screw you b*******!" Two can play this game too. How far does this have to go before we retaliate? Fine, let em' ban gun videos. They will just loose millions of views every day (maybe). Then we can get together and start our own website EXPRESSLY FOR GUN ENTHUSIASTS!!!!!!!!!!!! FURTHERMORE, THOSE  B******* CAN'T AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO A THING ABOUT IT!!!! Kirk, you gave a very good response and I am proud of you for taking time to write them. I will do the same, later today. Sorry for the rant. You guys always find a way of getting me stirred up!  ;)   
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

lklawson

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on March 23, 2018, 09:55:51 AMThen we can get together and start our own website EXPRESSLY FOR GUN ENTHUSIASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, there is Full30.

https://www.full30.com/

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: lklawson on March 23, 2018, 08:40:17 AM
Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 23, 2018, 08:33:16 AM
signs banning handguns.

Ref:
https://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/threads/youtube-did-did-not-ban-reloading-videos.325495/#post-2455867

====================
I opened a Youtube tab, clicked on "Send Feedback" at the bottom of the list on the left hand side, and sent this note:

I have become aware that Youtube is changing the "policies" regarding firearms video content to ban videos containing content on servicing firearms and home hobbyists hand-loading and reloading ammunition.  These are legal, legitimate hobbies which millions of law-abiding citizens, and potential Youtube customers, ethically and morally engage in on a daily basis.  The new "policies" are offensive and, if Youtube continues with this course of action, I will be lobbying my legislators to declare Youtube a Public Utility and regulate it accordingly, cease using the Youtube utility, and encourage all my contacts to do the same.

And I will too.  Screw 'em.

I threw in "offensive" because that tends to get attention and I KNOW that throwing in the threat of regulation gets their attention.  It's not just an idle threat.  I will send letters to my Senators and Congressional Reps requesting they declare yootoob a "Public Utility."  I've had it with ceding ground to people who aren't interested in fair and even discourse, want to shut down opposing voices and de-platform them, "otherise" and run unethical smear campaigns.  We've been told many times that this is a "Culture War."  OK, well it's time to start acting like we're in a war.  We thought that Vietnam was a "Police Action" and helping out a friendly nation, while the North Vietnamese and Chinese treated it like a war.  In a "war" sometimes you have to use scorched earth and area denial.  If you have to retreat or cede ground, you DON'T leave usable materials behind.  If you have to escape, frigg'n blow the ammo dump and poison the food.  That's what would happen if yootoob were regulated as a "Public Utility."  It makes it unusable for either side.  ...which is better than making it unusable for us and a gold-mine for the anti-freedom SJW's.  Screw 'em.  Poison the well.
====================
Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Kirk,
What you said!!!
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

R51Fan2017

I explored Full30 this afternoon. Great site! Will start using them instead of Youtube. Thanks Kirk!

Sean
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

johnnysR51

I also was on full 30 . bye bye u/t
           johnnysr51
Johnny'sR51

plunkster

I stopped using Full30 after watching a few of the videos posted by RoyalNonesuch. IMHO, that guy is truly dangerous! Does a lot of unsafe (to say the least!) things from making and firing homemade guns to (I just checked) making your own flamethrower. I asked that he be removed from the site, but that obviously hasn't happened. If YouTube keeps going the way it is, I may reconsider, but I REALLY wish they wouldn't post RoyalNonesuch's videos.

Pat

JNaffke

RoyalNonesuch has two Youtube channels, one started in 2014 the other in 2017. I don't think his channel is anymore dangerous than any other. There is an audience for what he does and that's the only justification he needs. I am a long time YouTube viewer and started watching Hickok 45 on Full 30 when he started posting there. It's come a long way and has room for improvement.

DUTCH Van Atlanta

CitiBank Credit Cards (including the Costo variant) is another one to boycott, since CitiBank is putting restrictions on companies that sell guns.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/citibank-has-every-right-to-be-stupid
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

R51Fan2017

Home Depot too. I think they are connected with Citibank as well.

- Larry Elder

Engineerpower

Can we add Wepay and Chase to this list as well?
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

lklawson

Quote from: DUTCH Van Atlanta on March 26, 2018, 06:36:26 AM
CitiBank Credit Cards (including the Costo variant) is another one to boycott, since CitiBank is putting restrictions on companies that sell guns.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/citibank-has-every-right-to-be-stupid
Post this to all of your liberal friends and/or family.  We all have some.

===========================
Is Income Equality important to Citibank?  Citibank CEO just got a 48% raise despite the fact that they missed their profitability goal and actually lost $6.2 *BILLION*.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14491301/1/citigroup-gives-ceo-corbat-48-pay-raise-as-profitability-misses-goal.html

If this is important to you, share this and write to Citibank and tell them you're dumping them.

===========================

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

R51Fan2017

Get your liberal friends and families to read this! Why don't they put this in their pot and smoke it! Scroll down until you get to the title So Stevens Wants to Repeal 2A? Very well put in my opinion.

http://market-ticker.org/

- Larry Elder

lklawson

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on March 27, 2018, 08:38:25 PMSo Stevens Wants to Repeal 2A?
That's nothing new.  He's been a gun banner for decades.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk