• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Range report

Started by johnnysR51, March 04, 2018, 06:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnysR51

Went to the range today, I had 200 rounds of ammo , 150 of Blazer Brass 115gr , 50 rounds
Magtech 115gr Plus 5 rounds Remington UD., The r51 just ate them up no problems so far
649 rounds All new ammo, and counting to 1000 ,. not long and ill be there,,, Hope all the R51's
are working  will up date next range time \
             Johnny's R51
Johnny'sR51

R51Fan2017

Glad it went well Johnny! See, nothing to worry about. And that 1000 rounds will come quicker than you think!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

1911SHOOTER

Johnny,
      Proud of you bud.  Keep up the  good work.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

johnnysR51

Hello R51 owners , went to the range again today {had to go to the indoor range ,to windy for the outdoor) put 220  rounds threw her (50 blazer brass, 100 rounds magtech, 50 rounds Winchester, all 115gr FMJ, & 20rounds Remington U/D 124gr. 9mm Luger+P Golden Saber BJHP , that brings the total to 869 rounds so far, the 100 round mark is coming , will have to waite till next week for that, Looking forward to the 1000 rounds, will update once the R51 goes to the range again,,

"JohnnysR51"
Johnny'sR51

R51Fan2017

One question I do have for owners who have put at least 1000 rounds plus through theirs is this. Have you noticed any excessive or abnormal wear on the frame? Just curious to see how well it is holding up. I realize there have been some concerns about using a steel upper on an aluminum lower from previous comments.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on March 08, 2018, 04:04:04 PM
One question I do have for owners who have put at least 1000 rounds plus through theirs is this. Have you noticed any excessive or abnormal wear on the frame? Just curious to see how well it is holding up. I realize there have been some concerns about using a steel upper on an aluminum lower from previous comments.

Todd,
     Many guns have steel uppers and aluminium lowers.  We will have to wait and see.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

R51Fan2017

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 08, 2018, 04:39:15 PM

Todd,
     Many guns have steel uppers and aluminium lowers.  We will have to wait and see.
Blackie

Blackie,

You've done it again! It's Sean not Todd!  :o

- Larry Elder

funflyer

I've been keeping an eye on the part of the frame where the block locks up and it's not worn any more after 900 rounds than it was at 100.

johnnysR51

R51fan2017 ,,,,
when I bought it ,, I had the gun store clean it befor I took it home then when I got home
I did my home work to disasemble and reassemble and re clean it, and clean it after every range day , and it is showing ware it is showing aluminum I was thinking of sending Remington a pic I have of it
        johnny
Johnny'sR51

R51Fan2017

Quote from: funflyer on March 08, 2018, 05:31:35 PM

I've been keeping an eye on the part of the frame where the block locks up and it's not worn any more after 900 rounds than it was at 100.

Todd,

That was the part I was concerned about. I guess that should be called the "shelf". I know there are other pistol designs out there that utilized the aluminum frame and have not had any issues with abnormal wear before (the post WWII Walther P38s to name one). I don't understand why folks seemed to make such a big deal out of it with this gun. Glad to know that it won't be a factor here.

- Larry Elder

Rocky150

Nearly 2000 rounds here and I see wear, but nothing destructive.  The ramps, the slides, and that block lock portion of the frame are no longer virgin but they are holding their own.

I would love to have 5 issue free mags..!!!

RRR