• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

"Guests"

Started by Chokejug, February 05, 2018, 04:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chokejug

Closest RK here is clean accross the state, over on the St Louis side.

Over here on the west side, we have the Family Center, ( baby chicks this week), but no guns!

Along with a few scattered Orchen stores.
Same problem, no  guns.

Aznav

Regarding the sale of R51's, they are practically giving them away (have patience) on Gunbroker. Also,  you are right on the parroting of YouTube trash talk. I really like my R51. i'm grateful there's a forum of fellow fans of the pistol. I've owned and sold close to 50 sidearms over the years and I find this to be in my top five for ergonomics, comfort, and dead on accuracy. I'm working on dependability.

SCurmudgeon

Quote from: Aznav on February 26, 2018, 08:28:17 PM
Regarding the sale of R51's, they are practically giving them away (have patience) on Gunbroker.

I would be  reluctant to buy a used R51 as the lifetime warranty does not transfer.  Magazine issues aside, some members here - who do like their R51s and don't trash them - have had significant problems to the point where the pistols needed to be sent back in for service or replacement.  I don't know if the Gen 2 repair/replacement rate is any higher than other brands and models, but I wouldn't want to pay that bill out of pocket.

I like my R51 as well and have been shooting it a bunch this winter, but for me - personally - I'm glad I have a warranty to back me up in case something goes wrong.

R51Fan2017

I have been intrigued with the thought that I could buy a Gen1 for dirt cheap, correct the problems myself, and have a working Gen1. That would be nice.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

1911SHOOTER

Todd,
     I seriously doubt there any gen 1 pistols left in the wild.  Except for the
few that worked.  The rest either went back, or were upgraded to the R1 1911.
It would be nice to know the percentage of guns that went back that were
sold or given to writers.
     Also be nice to know if anybody on this forum still has a GEN1.
We promise not to laff!
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

johnnysR51

Gun stores that have r51 are at 300 +tax
Johnny'sR51