• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Mfgr. listening?

Started by springfield art, January 22, 2018, 04:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springfield art

I have to think that the Remington Co. has tech people monitoring sites such as this, in order to know what the actual consumer is experiencing with the product...(R51 pistol). I'd hope so, as a couple hundred guys buying, shooting, and obsessing over every little detail of the pistol is a true, real-world view of use of the product...

1911SHOOTER

Art,
     More than a couple of hundred.  I am sure that there are many who go directly to
Big Green,  or other forums.   I know for a fact that RIA monitors the 1911 forums and
the .22TCM/9MM forums.
Of if Remington  are not monitoring, then they are derelict in their duties.   
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

RED HORSE

Quote from: springfield art on January 22, 2018, 04:02:41 PM
I have to think that the Remington Co. has tech people monitoring sites such as this, in order to know what the actual consumer is experiencing with the product...(R51 pistol). I'd hope so, as a couple hundred guys buying, shooting, and obsessing over every little detail of the pistol is a true, real-world view of use of the product...

I think you are giving Remington much too much credit if you think they spend time monitoring this site.

funflyer

I don't doubt for a second that there are some Remington employees who frequent the message boards. As for corporate listening in and taking notes?, not a chance in hell.

1911SHOOTER

Todd,
     Very possible you are right.   If so, bad on Big Green.
RIA,  Ruger, etal copy us on our forums. but Big Green needs to start
doing the same.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

SCurmudgeon

I believe there are plenty of competent, hard working, and consciousness engineers, technicians AND managers designing and building firearms for Remington.  Certainly they are aware of all the problems and proposed solutions that have been discussed and proposed here and elsewhere.

Blame who you will for their production, marketing, and financial problems - but they got 'em.  Right now their financial problems trump everything.  I'm sure they feel the need to dedicate all their resources on prioritized tasks that will improve their bottom line the fastest by the highest margins.

I'd love them to solve the R51 magazine issues and I bet their folks would like to do so as well.  But if the bosses have them working on stuff that has a better chance of keeping the company solvent, that is the way it is going to be for a while.  None of us has visibility to the big picture.  You can't hire workers you can't afford to pay.  The ones that are there have to do the best job they can.

And before I get flamed - I don't except this as an excuse for poor quality and customer service - but I propose it as a plausible explanation. 

Chokejug

Cur, you are right on the button and its been going on for years.

With all the raping the company has been through, its a surprise that the company has survived at all.

Engineerpower

All just an opportunity for the smaller guys to serve the market demand... 8)
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

SCurmudgeon

Brand loyalty is one of the fun aspects of firearms acquisition - kind of like the Ford, Chevy, Dodge thing.  Then along comes Honda and Toyota and takes over the market for a quarter of a century.

It is sad to see ups and downs of all the big American brands.  Everything else being equal, I'd rather own a pistol from an iconic American company.  But all things are not equal.  Glock, Sig, and so many others have very appealing value propositions in the market.

I wish Remington was as healthy as Sig right now.

R51Fan2017

Quote from: SCurmudgeon on January 25, 2018, 09:27:41 AM

Kinda hard to argue with German quality  ;) . However, I am proud to say I don't own of these polymer wonders yet. Just good old American steel. Oh, and a post war P38!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Chokejug

A couple of P320s here, that I need to send in and get updated with their "drop test fix"!

Something else with them, I can not bring myself to park either one in an IWB!

OWB, maybe but just havent done so as yet.
The triggers are more sensisitive than the R51 and NO SAFETY!

Have a Steyr .40, the very same way.
Gonna have to take a lesson from Blackie and convert to OWB and long shirt tails!

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on February 05, 2018, 03:17:48 PM
Quote from: SCurmudgeon on January 25, 2018, 09:27:41 AM

Kinda hard to argue with German quality  ;) . However, I am proud to say I don't own of these polymer wonders yet. Just good old American steel. Oh, and a post war P38!

Czech steel and quality are also superb, in fact better than most.  I have a CZ83 and a CZ75 SP-01 Tactical.  Both are all steel, will shoot anything I feed them, are extremely accurate and smooth shooting.  They far exceed my Sig Blackwater, Beretta 92 and R51 - all three also made of all metal.  The CZ's are the best pistols I have owned, ever.

I have a friend who has an FFL and a Class III license who will not purchase a US made handgun of any brand due to quality problems.
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood

R51Fan2017

Quote from: DUTCH Van Atlanta on February 07, 2018, 09:28:11 AM

I have a friend who has an FFL and a Class III license who will not purchase a US made handgun of any brand due to quality problems.

No offense intended  :) (really), but what planet did he just come from? Ruger is American, and their quality is superb. So is Smith and Wesson.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Engineerpower

Georgia, apparently. If you haven't be, it's definitely another planet...

;D
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Quote from: Engineerpower on February 07, 2018, 02:13:32 PM
Georgia, apparently. If you haven't be, it's definitely another planet...

;D

That friend lives in Florida, not Georgia.
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood