• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

LOOSE MAG RELEASE PIN ON THE CHARLOTTE PISTOL

Started by Rocky150, January 15, 2018, 12:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R51Fan2017

Quote from: Pat Riot on July 20, 2018, 06:43:52 PM
I have decided that if Remington does not replace my pistol and sends my Charlotte gun back I will try a roll pin if the problem rears its ugly gear again.

Pat,

Please do, as I think that will fix it for you. Also, if you have to go there, report back with any issues afterward. However, I firmly believe that a roll pin will fix you up. If it doesn't, you have my permission to sue me for suggesting it in the first place and screwing up your gun. No, wait, please don't do that!  ;D
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

shinerjohn

I received my pistol about an hour ago. They "replaced the mag catch pin, safety/function check." 

I hope to hit the range tomorrow. For the record: mine is a Charlotte, NC pistol.

Both of my mag release buttons work more smoothly than before.  Maybe they accomplished something....

shinerjohn

My range trip was very satisfying! I fired 107 rounds down range and the new mag release pin staying right where it belongs!  I will continue to watch it closely and report any problems back to y'all.    :D

R51Fan2017

Quote from: shinerjohn on July 29, 2018, 11:23:32 PM
My range trip was very satisfying! I fired 107 rounds down range and the new mag release pin staying right where it belongs!  I will continue to watch it closely and report any problems back to y'all.    :D

Very good John! Glad to hear!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder