• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Remington name changed to Para?

Started by 1911SHOOTER, December 29, 2017, 06:53:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1911SHOOTER

Has Remington changed their name to Para?   I received a tracking number for my
new magazine and the email was from Para.com!
Plus they said it was coming via FedEx but the tracking number is for UPS.
Blackie

Best Regards from PARA!
Customer Service Division
www.paraproshop.com
So many guns, so little time!

R51Fan2017

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on December 29, 2017, 06:53:00 AM
Has Remington changed their name to Para?   I received a tracking number for my
new magazine and the email was from Para.com!
Plus they said it was coming via FedEx but the tracking number is for UPS.
Blackie

Best Regards from PARA!
Customer Service Division
www.paraproshop.com

Blackie,

I posted the same thing in a post a few weeks ago when I got mine. No, they haven' t changed names. Quite simply, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I got the Fedex runaround myself. Same thing with PARA.Go to their website. It's really strange. Some links go to gun related stuff, and their Pro Shop takes you to NFL stuff??? But to answer your question again, no the Remington has not changed names.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Chokejug

I got a bunch of similar jibberish when my RIA 1911 .22 TCM/9mm was shipped from Tombstone Tactical a couple of weeks ago.

Names involved in the shipping that I had never heard of.  (Besides Fedex, TT, or RIA!)  And the left hand didnt know what the right hand was doing there, as well.

The tracking was all screwed up!

1911SHOOTER

There is another outfit called "Ship My Gun"  (SMG).
That was who I got my Smokey from.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

Norton Rider

Para is one of the brands owned by the Remington Outdoor Company.  Para Ordnance was a maker of 1911s that was bought by the Freedom Group (now known as  Remington Outdoor Company) a few years back.  So I don't see any issues here.  It is simply being shipped by a division of Remington.

russc2542

Quote from: Norton Rider on December 30, 2017, 11:17:21 AM
Para is one of the brands owned by the Remington Outdoor Company.  Para Ordnance was a maker of 1911s that was bought by the Freedom Group (now known as  Remington Outdoor Company) a few years back.  So I don't see any issues here.  It is simply being shipped by a division of Remington.

except that division is using letterhead from a company their parent company bought and shuttered years ago. Kinda terrible CS if you can't even get the right sig line on your emails.