• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

AT THE RANGE DAY 3...AND FOLLOW UP

Started by Rocky150, December 14, 2017, 07:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky150

Things continue to smooth themselves out.

196 Rounds of 115gr commercial reloads.

Magazine 1......98 rounds    FTF  MAG RELOAD #5 , RND 1  AND 3

Magazine 2     98 rounds ....perfect!    No Issues

Total rounds down range...621

All issues have occurred with Magazine 1..     Zero issues with Magazine 2.  Ever!

Groups continue to be very good at 7 yards.

Cleaning necessary.  Very dirty gun,   Parts starting to show movement/mating wear.  Nothing unexpected.

Its time to call BS on those that have slammed this pistol un-mercilessly.   Break in required.... yes.  Attention to the magazines..yes.   Junk.....NOPE!

Comments and questions

funflyer

Good to hear.

I'm ready to hit the range again after clipping the followers so they feed the first round like a pistol should. Hoping to run 7+1 without issue, we'll see.

R51Fan2017

So what exactly is the total round count up to now? We should all know by now, the pistol is not junk. I have always been a fan of the original 51, unfortunately, I have never had the pleasure of owning one. However, after the first shooting session with my new R51, I fell hopelessly in love with this little gun. I can't get enough of it! I love to shoot it even more than I do my 1911s! Now that's a shocker!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

R51Fan2017

Quote from: funflyer on December 14, 2017, 07:23:20 PM
Good to hear.

I'm ready to hit the range again after clipping the followers so they feed the first round like a pistol should. Hoping to run 7+1 without issue, we'll see.

Funflyer,

I probably should have just gone ahead and trimmed my followers too, however, after working mine the other day fully loaded, they finally began to smooth out on their own. Maybe they needed a break in?? Who knows, but either way, they are now working like they are supposed to.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Rocky150

TOTAL ROUNDS DOWN RANGE...621.   Third range session of about 200 rds each.

Loving this gun!!!!

R51Fan2017

Quote from: Rocky150 on December 14, 2017, 07:29:45 PM
TOTAL ROUNDS DOWN RANGE...621.   Third range session of about 200 rds each.

Loving this gun!!!!

My bad Rocky. I just now saw where you said 621. Sorry bout that.

- Larry Elder

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: Rocky150 on December 14, 2017, 07:03:11 PM

All issues have occurred with Magazine 1..     Zero issues with Magazine 2.  Ever!

Cleaning necessary.  Very dirty gun,   Parts starting to show movement/mating wear.  Nothing unexpected.

Its time to call BS on those that have slammed this pistol un-mercilessly.   Break in required.... yes.  Attention to the magazines..yes.   Junk.....NOPE!

Comments and questions

What Rocky said!!!
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on December 15, 2017, 05:18:46 PM
Quote from: Rocky150 on December 14, 2017, 07:03:11 PM

Comments and questions

What Rocky said!!
the only problems with the R51 remain the magazines, my Smokey had one good mag and one bad one straight of the
box.  And. it is stamped Huntsville, Al.
When I went to pick up my pistol today, somebody else in the cove had one delivered today. 
Hope you get on this forum.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!