• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Free Replacement Mag from the Big Green.......Not Yet!

Started by R51Fan2017, December 06, 2017, 09:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

R51Fan2017

So on November 30, I contacted Remington to get a replacement mag. Customer service girl was friendly and she said they would send me a free replacement. So on November 30, I get an email containing an invoice that lists the replacement mag, and on the invoice it states that delivery is requested by no later than December 4th. So today, I get an email notification from PARA PRO SHOP saying that my Remington replacement part has just now been shipped. The provided link to Fedex's website comes back as an invalid tracking number, and when I follow the link to PARA's website, they have a big banner at the top saying the website is for sale. Furthermore, they don't even sell mags, they have links for holsters only??? I don't know what to make of this? Anybody had this happen before? Thanks in advance.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

lklawson

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on December 06, 2017, 09:30:42 AMThe provided link to Fedex's website comes back as an invalid tracking number
I've seen this happen before.  Eventually FedEx delivered my package but the FedEx tracking number never did resolve to anything.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

R51Fan2017

UPDATE"

Just got the new mag from the Big Green 5 minutes ago. This is laughable. They sent me an email saying that I could track via Fedex. But the package has UPS stickers on it, and it was just dropped off by a UPS truck. So why a Fedex tracking number?  ??? They don't even know who they are shipping stuff with LOL!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

lklawson

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on December 07, 2017, 03:01:49 PMThey sent me an email saying that I could track via Fedex. But the package has UPS stickers on it, and it was just dropped off by a UPS truck. So why a Fedex tracking number?  ??? They don't even know who they are shipping stuff with LOL!
Maybe not.  It's possible that the fullfillment company is not specifically Remington.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

armed citizen

I asked for two new replacement mags.  I got them via UPS about two months later.  I am a happy R51 owner and will continue to support Remington and not complain.  Remington is a very important American company with a LOT of history behind them.  Remington's efforts during our wars have saved many lives!  Don't ever forget that!!!!!!!!!
armed citizen

R51Fan2017

Quote from: armed citizen on December 08, 2017, 03:13:21 PM
I asked for two new replacement mags.  I got them via UPS about two months later.  I am a happy R51 owner and will continue to support Remington and not complain.  Remington is a very important American company with a LOT of history behind them.  Remington's efforts during our wars have saved many lives!  Don't ever forget that!!!!!!!!!

Nobody is debating that. I am a BIG Remington fan personally, and I will continue to support Remington in the future.......definitely another R51 in the near future. I shot competitively for years with an 1100 (and partly with an 870) and it has been my workhorse. It has NEVER let me down. I am a proud R51 owner too. I absolutely love this gun and can't get enough of it.  Just can't ignore some of the problems they have been having lately....especially with these magazines. They took the time to get the gun straightened out, why not the magazines?

- Larry Elder

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: armed citizen on December 08, 2017, 03:13:21 PM

Armed citizen,
     You are absolutely right,  but they should not rest on their laurels!
Somebody upstairs at Big Green that makes the big decisions is lax in their
job.   I cannot imagine that we, on this forum are the only ones bitching about
the mags and trigger.   Any company worth it's salt should keep a finger
on their customers pulse!
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!