• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

How Long Does the R51 Have to Live?

Started by R51Fan2017, December 05, 2017, 12:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R51Fan2017

Just a curious question for all those out there. Obviously, our beloved R51 isn't selling like they should, or should I say, like Remington would like them to sell. Not to mention Remington facing the possibility of a default. So question is, how long does the R51 have to live in yall's opinion? Should we be buying up as many as possible before a possible discontinuation.....say next year? Thoughts?
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Zenshot

With the rebates in effect, I'm not seeing the R51s in stock as much as a couple of months ago, so I think they are selling.  Not in huge numbers, but the inventory is shrinking.
As for Remington's default, I don't think the company will dissolve but a bankruptcy restructuring is likely.  In my opinion, the RP9 would be dropped before the R51 would.  Hopefully there's been enough invested in the R51 to justify keeping it in production.
-David

springfield art

I'm hoping they keep it on the market for an open time. I admit I bought mine due to the $100 rebate, but I kind of liked the R51 from the start. Oh, and the fact that it was revamped after the recall. Let's wait and see! Let's not be Negative Neds!