• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

At the Range...Day 1 and followup

Started by Rocky150, December 05, 2017, 04:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocky150

I went to the range yesterday and after reading all of the data regarding the FTF and FTE's, types and numbers of rounds fired, and other relevant issues, I maintained a loose record of my results.

115 gr brass commercial reloads.....100 rounds...2 mags in use......ONE FTF at about round 40.  Nose dive.

115 gr WOLF steel case Russian.....150 Rounds ...2 mags in use .... TWO FTF at about 2  and round 50.  Nose dives.

6 attempts to rack a full mag (7rds) ....2 successful and 4 failures.

The unit shot a bit low 3" however I was able to produce Half dollar 7 shot groups at 7 yards a number of times.   I was pleased.  ;D

Cleaned with weapon last evening and everything seemed fine, dirty but fine.

Shortened the legs on the followers by 1/8 inch today.   The weapon successfully racked full magazines without a hitch.

I am very pleased with this pistol  If straightening the upper tang on the mags resolves the nose dive issue, this baby is a real keeper.   It conceals extremely well too given its dimensions.

Regards to all.

R51Fan2017

Sounds like you got her banging good.  :o Errrr.....going bang that is!  ;D Glad to hear it! Once you get the mag fixed, it works great! And welcome to the forum!
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder