• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Galloway Precision won't be making triggers after all

Started by lklawson, September 27, 2017, 09:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lklawson

A bit over a year ago I contacted Galloway Precision to ask if they would be making replacement triggers for the R51.  Brandyn Langston, Lead Gunsmith for Galloway responded that they would be but that they'd be taking their time about it to make sure that 1) they got their product right and 2) that the Gen 2 wasn't going to be a flop.

Now, a year and a month later, I contacted them again to ask for an update.  This is the one-sentence response that I received from Mr. Langston: "We're not going to be making any parts for the R51."

Given that the trigger is one of the biggest complaints about the R51, the side-to-side "wobble" and that many people describe the trigger itself as "cheesy plastic" I am very disappointed in this turn.  While there are other manufacturers which make drop in replacement triggers, I considered Galloway to be the best candidate.  Perhaps they may change their mind at some point in the future if they get enough interest from R51 owners.  They do have products for the RM380 and the RP9, after all.

:(

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: lklawson on September 27, 2017, 09:33:26 AM
A bit over a year ago I contacted Galloway Precision to ask if they would be making replacement triggers for the R51.  Brandyn Langston, Lead Gunsmith for Galloway responded that they would be but that they'd be taking their time about it to make sure that 1) they got their product right and 2) that the Gen 2 wasn't going to be a flop.

Now, a year and a month later, I contacted them again to ask for an update.  This is the one-sentence response that I received from Mr. Langston: "We're not going to be making any parts for the R51."

Given that the trigger is one of the biggest complaints about the R51, the side-to-side "wobble" and that many people describe the trigger itself as "cheesy plastic" I am very disappointed in this turn.  While there are other manufacturers which make drop in replacement triggers, I considered Galloway to be the best candidate.  Perhaps they may change their mind at some point in the future if they get enough interest from R51 owners.  They do have products for the RM380 and the RP9, after all.

:(

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Kirk,
     I suppose one could go to a reputable machine shop and have a trigger made.
The heck with Galloway.  This is what I intend to do.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

plunkster

No offense, but why don't you just live with what you have? The R51 isn't a target pistol and the trigger is perfectly fine for the defense role (for which this pistol is intended). Not sure what the big deal is...

lklawson

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on September 27, 2017, 05:44:49 PMKirk,
     I suppose one could go to a reputable machine shop and have a trigger made.
The heck with Galloway.  This is what I intend to do.
Blackie
That would run afoul of ITAR.  :(

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

lklawson

Quote from: plunkster on September 27, 2017, 09:10:23 PM
No offense, but why don't you just live with what you have? The R51 isn't a target pistol and the trigger is perfectly fine for the defense role (for which this pistol is intended). Not sure what the big deal is...
I dunno, why do people put custom grips on their guns?  Because they like the way it looks.  :)

Also, though I don't think it's a huge deal, it would be nice to get rid of that trigger wobble.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

1911SHOOTER

No offense Plunkster
If you are satisfied  with a pistol designated as a self defense weapon, that has a
proclivity to act up at times, fine.  But the rest of us want something that works all the time.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

DUTCH Van Atlanta

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on September 28, 2017, 08:54:30 AM

No offense Plunkster
If you are satisfied  with a pistol designated as a self defense weapon, that has a
proclivity to act up at times, fine.  But the rest of us want something that works all the time.
Blackie

+100%
"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." - Clint Eastwood