• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

R51 Schematic

Started by Nu2R51, March 11, 2017, 09:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nu2R51

Hello all;

Anyone know where I can get a schematic for the R51. I'm trying to educate myself about this pistol. After the last day at the range I stripped it down for cleaning and noticed what I think might be some internal damage. I've taken some pics that I plan on posting with some questions and want to at least appear like I know what I'm talking about.lol.Thanks in advance.

GB

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: Nu2R51 on March 11, 2017, 09:58:39 PM
Hello all;

Anyone know where I can get a schematic for the R51. I'm trying to educate myself about this pistol. After the last day at the range I stripped it down for cleaning and noticed what I think might be some internal damage. I've taken some pics that I plan on posting with some questions and want to at least appear like I know what I'm talking about.lol.Thanks in advance.

GB

GB,
     If I were you, I would take all the photos you think you need, put them in a folder and then call Remington and ask to speak to a gunsmith.
Tell him what you have and ask where you can send them.  Not to a repair shop in Ga.   In the meantime, post your photos on here, many of us have had problems
and I am sure you may find your answer. If not, at least we can name the part/s for you.   But calling Big Green will CYA. :>}

BTW, if you do not have an owners manual, go to   
https://www.remington.com/sites/default/files/documents/R51_MANUAL_REV_12-2015_FINAL_sm.pdf
Closest thing I know to a schematic.
There are several areas on the R51 internally  that look like wear or damage  but are cosmetic in nature.  Does your gun
cycle smoothly when empty?  Do not worry if you cannot rack on a full load,  many R51s will not.  According to Remington, you need to lock the slide open
insert a full mag, pull back on the slide and let it slam forward.  Yeah, I know, not conducive to pocket carry if you do not want one in
the pipe.  Good luck.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!

DanOh

Hello all;

GB

This is another issue that annoys me about Remington.  You can't find drawings useful other that parts dwgs., they don't want to sell you parts.  Other guns that I have are backed up with lots of prints and documentation.

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: DanOh on March 12, 2017, 06:18:27 PM
Hello all;

GB

This is another issue that annoys me about Remington.  You can't find drawings useful other that parts dwgs., they don't want to sell you parts.  Other guns that I have are backed up with lots of prints and documentation.

DanOh,
     I know what you mean, Ruger and others, even RIA have drawings.  RIA will even send you a part if you need it.  I have gotten a new slide lock, and a couple of springs
from RIA.  I am about done with Remington, I can find out more on this blog from folks like Texas-Mark, iklawspn  and others than from Remington.
We should rename this Blog, "Wiki-R51".   :<} Wonder what Robert would think?
Blackie

DanOh

Is anyone aware of a video on the disassembly of the R51 frame components?  I want to take my down and do some things.  I figure Remington is going to cancel my warranty anyway for not returning the gun for repairs.  I don't think it is too difficult to take it apart but it's always nice to have some backup or something to fall back on.

zeketmud

American Gunsmithing Institute has a video on complete disassembly in their GunTech #142 online magazine. Very good video.

1911SHOOTER

Hello all;

GB

Nu2,
     Maybe this will help.
Blackie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnqAwUJPcyc

Pat Riot

1911SHOOTER Thanks for the video link.

JDCRAB, that looks like the original R51 schematic but it still may be helpful. Thanks

Thank you both for posting.

PS: In one of my conversations with Remington I asked for drawings or schematics and was told that they haven't released them. I wanted to say to the guy "No **** Dick Tracy" but I was nice and asked him when he thought customers might be able to get them and he said "A few months". That was before this bankruptcy business came up.

R51Fan2017

Funny isn't it that they have had the gun re-released for some time now, and there is no schematic available out there for it. That is a publication that should have been released with all new guns being shipped.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder