• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Feed Ramp Differences

Started by paul7177, March 03, 2017, 06:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanOh

Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 15, 2017, 11:33:41 AM
Quote from: DanOh on March 13, 2017, 08:54:12 PM
Quote from: SCurmudgeon on March 13, 2017, 03:13:48 PM
Even after all the screw ups, I can't believe that Rem would accidentally ship barrels without lands and grooves machined in.

It has to be part of the design modifications, right?

P.S.  I'd love to get my hands on a CZ82 some day.

This is no new design modification.  I don't know if you read in the other thread, but I slugged the barrel and found the bore diameter to be .347.  If it was an octagon barrel it would be .355.

DanOh,
     Got my barrel today, It won't fit in the slide, the breech will not fit in the inner slide!
Wonder if I could put treble hooks on it and use it for a bass lure?
Blackie..

Doesn't fit??  That is very strange, no one else has had a problem like that.  Did you fit check the barrel in the slide without trying to put the slide together and assembling on the frame?  I took out my calipers and checked measurements of 1 vs 2 just to make sure there's no difference since I'm going to use the Gen 1 barrel in my gun.  Let us know what you find.

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: DanOh on March 15, 2017, 12:45:40 PM
Quote from: 1911SHOOTER on March 15, 2017, 11:33:41 AM
Quote from: DanOh on March 13, 2017, 08:54:12 PM
Quote from: SCurmudgeon on March 13, 2017, 03:13:48 PM
Even after all the screw ups, I can't believe that Rem would accidentally ship barrels without lands and grooves machined in.

It has to be part of the design modifications, right?

P.S.  I'd love to get my hands on a CZ82 some day.

This is no new design modification.  I don't know if you read in the other thread, but I slugged the barrel and found the bore diameter to be .347.  If it was an octagon barrel it would be .355.

DanOh,
     Got my barrel today, It won't fit in the slide, the breech will not fit in the inner slide!
Wonder if I could put treble hooks on it and use it for a bass lure?
Blackie..

Doesn't fit??  That is very strange, no one else has had a problem like that.  Did you fit check the barrel in the slide without trying to put the slide together and assembling on the frame?  I took out my calipers and checked measurements of 1 vs 2 just to make sure there's no difference since I'm going to use the Gen 1 barrel in my gun.  Let us know what you find.

DanOh,
     I tried the simple way like if the gun was being cleaned.  No go.  So I took the guts out of the slide,  breech block, action spring  and action spring bushing.
The barrel would fit, but the breech would not drop in.  Just a few k's but enough to stop it from dropping in.  I am sending it back.
Blackie 
So many guns, so little time!

plunkster

Got my "eBay barrel" a couple of days ago but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. It fits perfectly and cycles fine, but is a little more "raspy" - I suspect my original was that way when I first started shooting it. After about 300 rounds, the original barrel is butter smooth when I manually cycle it.

On a side note, I'm getting a lot better about assembly/disassembly, but it is still a pain in the !@# - especially compared to my PPK!

Pat

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: plunkster on March 15, 2017, 04:56:54 PM
Got my "eBay barrel" a couple of days ago but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. It fits perfectly and cycles fine, but is a little more "raspy" - I suspect my original was that way when I first started shooting it. After about 300 rounds, the original barrel is butter smooth when I manually cycle it.

On a side note, I'm getting a lot better about assembly/disassembly, but it is still a pain in the !@# - especially compared to my PPK!

Pat

Plunkster,
     Do you have one of the clamps we old guys have been using to grab the barrel?  They help 100%.
Here is the URL for the clamp.

https://www.amazon.com/Irwin-58100-Quick-Grip-Spring-Clamp/dp/B00OXOA0EA/ref=pd_day0_469_6?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00OXOA0EA&pd_rd_r=X17W18SBHCF6KHCTZS8T&pd_rd_w=x2iUA&pd_rd_wg=bydiq&psc=1&refRID=X17W18SBHCF6KHCTZS8T

Here is the URL describing the use of the clamp.  Ignore the guy talking he is nomenclature impaired.  But it has helped a lot of us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5bycStOxFo

Blackie.

Blackie

plunkster

Yup - best tip ever was that clamp idea, but it's STILL a PITA!!!

Pat

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: plunkster on March 15, 2017, 06:33:06 PM
Yup - best tip ever was that clamp idea, but it's STILL a PITA!!!

Pat

Pat,
Ditto!
Blackie