• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

New from Tennessee

Started by PaulE, February 27, 2017, 03:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulE

Greetings from the foothills of the Cumberland Plateau. 66 years young, retired, and a few years into becoming a cattle rancher. I am on my second Gen2 R51. First one went back after 300 rds or so, after a couple months, Remington replaced it. Round two is going better, but after 900 rds of various factory loadings, still not carry reliable. It's fun to shoot, but I need it to be the pocket gun I expected, so hoping to get some ideas through this forum.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

lklawson

Quote from: PaulE on February 27, 2017, 03:51:37 PM
Greetings from the foothills of the Cumberland Plateau. 66 years young, retired, and a few years into becoming a cattle rancher. I am on my second Gen2 R51. First one went back after 300 rds or so, after a couple months, Remington replaced it. Round two is going better, but after 900 rds of various factory loadings, still not carry reliable. It's fun to shoot, but I need it to be the pocket gun I expected, so hoping to get some ideas through this forum.

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Several people have reported that their R51 runs more reliably with hotter ammunition (+P) and with heavier bullets (124 gr. and up).

Many Gen 1 owners reported that their guns would only run reliably with Remington brand ammo such as Golden Saber.

I would suggest trying +P ammo, ammo in 124 gr and 147 gr., and Remington branded ammo.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

1911SHOOTER

Quote from: PaulE on February 27, 2017, 03:51:37 PM

Thanks in advance,
Paul

PaulE,
     Give us an idea of what your problems are.  We are usually able to fix up just about any thing.
Blackie
So many guns, so little time!