• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Remington Plant Re-Opens

Started by sebvox, April 22, 2021, 09:00:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebvox

The Remington plant in Ilion, NY reopened in early April with 45 employees returning to work.  200 will return by the end of the month (April 2021).  They are going to start production with the model 870 shotgun.  Question - Are unionized employees bad for Remington?
- Erik

lklawson

Quote from: sebvox on April 22, 2021, 09:00:22 AM
The Remington plant in Ilion, NY reopened in early April with 45 employees returning to work.  200 will return by the end of the month.  They are going to start production with the model 870 shotgun. 
I saw a report recently that they've reopened their Ammunition Plant and are swinging production to full.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/4/12/big-green-is-back-remington-ammo-plant-working-247

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

sebvox

Here is a video from the re-opened Remington Lonoke ammunition plant.
- Erik

sebvox

This is an article about the return of workers to the Ilion NY plant making model 870 shotguns dated May 10, 2021.

https://www.syracuse.com/business/2021/05/remington-reopens-upstate-new-york-gun-factory.html
- Erik

4 Ghost

I heard that Palmetto State Armory bought out the firearm production part of Remington.  Someone else bought the ammunition plant portion.   PSA will have RemArms.

sebvox

The parent company of Palmetto State Armory is JJE Capital Holdings LLC who purchased DPMS, H&R, Storm Lake, AAC, and Parker brands.  The parent company of Federal Ammunition is Vista Outdoors who purchased Remington ammunition.  The Roundhill Group purchased the Remington Firearms business (except Marlin) and is currently producing the model 870 shotgun in Ilion, NY.
- Erik

sebvox

Roundhill LLC has the RemArms website up and running but it looks like they don't update it.  Under handguns it shows the R-1911 but no mention of the R51 even under Support>Firearm History.

https://www.remarms.com/
- Erik

springfield art

The 'new guys' probably want nothing to do with the R51! Just sayin'

R51Fan2017

I sincerely wish that Remington would not have botched the initial release of the pistol. If they had not of done so, I believe it would have brought some stiff competition to the 9mm table. What would truly be interesting would be if someone could reverse engineer a frame and make something similar to a "Polymer 80" type kit for one of these pistols. Even include a pictany rail to mount accessories on. It would never catch on, but I have to admit, it would be neat. I just hope that the newly re-organized company turns out a better product than before. Maybe even bring the 1100 back?  ;)
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

mr220v

I wonder what happens to the rm380 aka rohrbaugh?  That was a perfectly reliable gun. 

springfield art

I have found it interesting, that the smaller pistols get, the more people want to add huge sights, extended magazines, etc., etc., thus making them bigger and more clunkier than ever! It's a trend across all mfgrs.  :-\