• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Threaded barrels

Started by mr220v, November 21, 2020, 10:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr220v

Anybody know where I can get one, or have one to sell?

sebvox

Someone is selling an R51 with a threaded barrel on gunbroker right now.  It comes with the threaded barrel installed and the regular barrel separate, 4 clips, and a holster.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/895034296
- Erik

springfield art

I don't, but in the current panic to buy pistols, my local gun shop miraculously had two or three show up new in box a couple months back, They were gone almost the same day...their current supply of pistols is improving, but mostly the costly high-end ones; anything reasonable goes in an instant. I'm glad I got my little R51 couple years ago; got new wood factory grips for it for $10. recently. Good luck!

mr220v

I saw that auction.  I'd buy the gun except I already have 4 r51s.

mr220v

I got the owner to sell the barrel separately.  Now to get a tirant9.

sebvox

Nice!  Way to go.  I was considering reaching out to the seller too.  Hope you got a good price.
- Erik

mr220v

$185.  Seemed pretty fair to me.

sebvox

Yeah that seems fair.  And it looks like a legit Storm Lake barrel with the "9mm Luger +P" markings.  The ones Cameron offered did not have those markings.
- Erik

mr220v

So that means its not a stock barrel that was extended?  I wasn't aware that was even an option.

It would be nice if these were still produced.  All the spare r51 barrels were gobbled up to make threaded barrels, so there might be a market for replacement parts.   Make the replacement threaded for people who want that, and the people who just need a replacement.

Probably won't happen since most companies are clearancing out all their r51 accessories. 

sebvox

I'm not sure if they were ever actually produced but the 2014 Remington catalog showed them as an accessory option.  The barrels were also shown at all the shows at the Remington booth, so they existed in some limited form.
- Erik