• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Remington is once again filing for bankruptcy

Started by springfield art, July 30, 2020, 10:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

springfield art

By the way, all, a report in the paper 7/29 states that Remington is once again filing for bankruptcy...and, a recent effort the sell the company to the Navajo Nation fell through. I know they recently installed a new pres. who had been on the board. It just seems they have unending problems...this could affect future quality issues. Hope it all clears up, this stems from their lawsuits after the Sandy Hook tragedy.

sebvox

The sale of Remington Outdoors has been approved by a bankruptcy court judge on September 29, 2020.  Remington will be broken up into 7 different entities:

o   Vista Outdoor Inc. (Federal Ammo, Bushnel) to purchase majority of assets- ammunition, accessories, brand and trademarks
o   Sturm Ruger & Co. Inc. to purchase Marlin firearms business
o   Roundhill Group LLC (Real Estate Investors) to purchase the non-Marlin firearms business including Ilion, NY plant and museum
o   Sierra Bullets LLC to purchase Barnes ammunition business
o   JJE Capital Holdings LLC (Palmetto State Armory) to purchase DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands
o   Franklin Armory Holdings LLC to purchase Bushmaster brand and related assets
o   Sportsman's Warehouse Inc. to purchase TAPCO brands

So it is possible that Roundhill could bring back the Gen3 R51 and perhaps even make the .40 and .45 versions once promised.  Here's to wishful thinking...
- Erik

springfield art

I don't believe that will happen. I know I wouldn't want to be shooting .40 or .45 ammo in something that small. The design is fine for 9mm, but there's many good choices in handguns designed for the 40 and 45, certainly not the R51. 

sebvox

You mean like the S&W M&P Shield .40 or .45 which are both smaller than the R51?  Still, wishful thinking...
- Erik

mr220v

Of course other options are lighter, but some people just want an all metal gun.

lklawson

Quote from: sebvox on October 18, 2020, 10:22:19 AM
So it is possible that Roundhill could bring back the Gen3 R51 and perhaps even make the .40 and .45 versions once promised.  Here's to wishful thinking...
I heard an interview with a top guy at Roundhill.  Hard to say for sure, but it sounds like they're most interested in focusing on the hunting market.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

4 Ghost

Amazing how Remington has been run in the ground.