• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Magazine mods

Started by 1911SHOOTER, February 27, 2018, 04:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DryrotUK1985

ok folks, i went and paid for my r51 today, now i have to wait on the great state of NY (sarcasm) to get its head out of its ass and fix the computer system so i can register it and pick it up.
     the seller included 6 mags and i noticed a few things while looking them over.
1) 2 gen 1 mags. both look like all the ones in the hater youtube reviews. thin floor plates and wobbly followers.
2)the seam on the back where they were welded together were not flat. they have a slight angle at the joint. maybe as much as 3 degrees.
3) the 4 later mags all have heavier floor plates ( almost double the thickness) and the followers have a more pronounced profile with the center ridge higher and at a steeper angle.
maybe Rem. sub-contracted the original mags  to the cheapest bidder and got a bad deal?

R51Fan2017

Quote from: Pat Riot on March 03, 2018, 03:42:24 PM
Blackie,
Thank you. I did get 2 new mags from Remington.

I just ordered 3 more from Grab-a-gun at $15.35 each. Pretty good deal and they list it as the Remington part number, They also have RM380 mags for $15.55. The R51 mags were $14.96 last week.

Pat,

Mec Gar can't be making mags for the R51. Reason....Me and Blackie both got in contact with them asking them if they had any intentions of making R51 mags. The answer was a definite no. They had no intentions of making one for the foreseeable future. Shame too, as I think they would make better one's than what Remington has to offer. Very strange Remington doesn't make their own mags though.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

sebvox

Magazines at Grab A Gun for $13.99.  The picture is of the old Gen 1 but they are the new magazines.

https://grabagun.com/remington-r51-7rd-magazine-stainless1232.html
- Erik

raycirx

Grab a gun is now charging 18.99, ave you tried them yet?

sebvox

Yes, I bought 4 of them.  They are the new version of the magazine, identical to the mags that came with the gun in the box.
- Erik