• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Customizing R51's

Started by waltsblues, April 29, 2020, 06:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

waltsblues

Looking to Trick out one of my R51's and looking for thoughts and ideas.
Were Talking my black R51 with my CT on it. I want to have the the upper slide "Cerakoted & while I am at it change the sights with something from Dawson with a lower front sight.
If we ever get triggers available that was on my list as well.

Question does anybody think there will be a problem with the sight install that will damage/scratch the Cerakote finish?

What has anybody else done to their's
Birddogs, Home grown tomatoes and the Blues. To me it don't get much better than that!

sebvox

Dawson's videos are good on explaining what to do to protect the slide from finish damage.  I would advise easing the dovetail opening, like Dawson does, before you cerakote.  What color are you thinking?
- Erik

waltsblues

Probably in the brown to desert tan color range.
Trying to gather all my stuff before doing this.
Would be nice if I could add one of Cameron's triggers to this list.
Birddogs, Home grown tomatoes and the Blues. To me it don't get much better than that!

sebvox

Nice color choice.  I have another gun in the FDE (flat dark earth) color and love the look.  Just like you, I check daily on the dangerco website for the new triggers.  The only thing I can think of is that Cameron has been called up by the National Guard for Indiana and hasn't had time to do anything during the Wuhan virus pandemic.
- Erik