• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Back Strap Safety

Started by sebvox, April 05, 2020, 05:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebvox

I was inspecting my pistol and noticed that there are the numbers "2.2" stamped on the inside bottom of the back strap safety.  See the attached photo.  Does everyone else have these same numbers?  Does anyone know what it means?  Just curious.
- Erik

CW3Retired

Never noticed it.  Mine is 2.5 on a Huntsville model. 
Hopefully someone will be able to shed light. 

Vic

scouts owner

Black  Charlotte  model  .2.7 on saftey

tuner

renoel55

2.7 and 3.1, both Black, Huntsville, and purchased new from Bud's here in 2020.  I submitted the question to Remington for an answer ...

scouts owner

Huntsville Smoke 2.5 safety mark

renoel55

Remington replied with this, fwiw ...

"These are just the manufacturer's machine ID numbers.  Should you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our Consumer Services Department at 800-243-9700, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, EST, Monday through Friday."

funflyer

Quote from: renoel55 on April 10, 2020, 06:07:17 AM
2.7 and 3.1, both Black, Huntsville, and purchased new from Bud's here in 2020.  I submitted the question to Remington for an answer ...

Just out of curiosity, does your grip safety have a crunch, or gritty feel when applied? In your pic I can see the return spring is bent(red arrow). They do this because the mechanism is designed with the spring "off center" so it doesn't get compressed straight down. The pin will actually push the spring on an angle so it'll catch on the edge of the pocket.

renoel55

It does, yes, both of my R51's do.  I read a post on this along with an explanation and a suggested fix that included filing the edge of the pocket.  Haven't attempted it, yet, but plan to at some point.

Found it:  http://r51pistol.com/r51-general-discussion/backstrap-safety-'crunch-pop'/