• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Hello all ...

Started by renoel55, March 07, 2020, 05:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renoel55

As I replied to Robert, I'm registering with this forum because I took delivery of my first R51 yesterday.  While I've not yet put any ammo through it (soon, however), I took the opportunity (four times already !) to disassemble and re-assemble the R51, just to prove to myself that - done properly, it's not the chore many in the firearms community describe it as, and it wasn't.  I'm also interested in whether anyone is aware of after-market, 1) triggers (my only complaint of the R51 design), or 2) grips, preferably grips that are a bit oversized.  I'm further interested in whether anyone has found it necessary to adjust the front/top "lip" of Gen 2 magazines.

FlatEarther

" it's not the chore many in the firearms community describe it as"

Agreed!... Joe

Zenshot

If you can field strip and reassemble a 1911, then you will have no trouble with the R51.
-David

Zorba

As long as you have 3 hands or a prehensile tail.
"The Veiled Male"

sebvox

Welcome to the forum.  Yes, as long as you know what you are doing, field stripping the R51 is quite easy.
Cameron at dangerco.us has been able to make triggers and threaded barrels in the past.  Currently everything is sold out though.  The website says that he will be up and ready March of 2020 but I am sure he was not expecting the whole Wuhan virus epidemic.  Hopefully he will be up and running soon.  There are a lot of R51 owners with itchy trigger fingers.
- Erik