• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Bandwidth exceeded

Started by Pointman, February 04, 2020, 04:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pointman

Did anyone else get a " bandwidth exceeded" message when trying to logon here the last few days of January?

FlatEarther

Yes... First time I recall seeing that on this site.

waltsblues

I did too for several days, had me wondering what was up.
Birddogs, Home grown tomatoes and the Blues. To me it don't get much better than that!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"

4 Ghost

Quote from: Pointman on February 04, 2020, 04:49:45 PM
Did anyone else get a " bandwidth exceeded" message when trying to logon here the last few days of January?
I did also.  Really bummed about it.  I am trying to spend more time here and help create more interaction.  Made me wonder, who owns and runs the joint?  Need any help, financial or otherwise.  I would be willing to make a donation once a year to preclude this ever happening again.

Robert

That does happen some times, the bandwidth exceeded message. On my web hosting system control panel I allot a certain amount of storage space and bandwidth to this website/forum.

The forum is growing and constantly is using more and more room and bandwidth.

I try and keep up by assigning more bandwidth to the forum but I can not just assign an unlimited amount so, some times the amount exceeds the allotment and that message happens.

I will try to keep on top of things and keep ahead of it so that I have enough resources allotted and that message does not appear.

This is one of thing things that happens in this business, specially with a forum.

I can not even imagine how I would handle this if I had millions of members and tens of millions of post like some huge forums do.

Thanks
Robert
Forum admin/owner