• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Grips?

Started by Plain Old Dave, November 21, 2019, 09:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4 Ghost

Quote from: sebvox on April 23, 2020, 04:14:14 PM
Quote from: Anviljk on January 04, 2020, 08:49:13 PM
Sadly, I dont see anyone selling Remington branded wood grips anymore.

There is a guy on ebay selling the Remington wood grips.  He had 10 pair but is down to 4 pair.
I bought a pair. And they are beautiful.  Maybe a picture in a day or 2.

springfield art

Wow! Today, went to my local gun store after many weeks of avoiding the crowds and lack of ammo & stuff. There on a bargain rack, they had Remington Factory wood grips, new in packaging! Ten bucks! Grabbed 'em right up, they're marked made in USA by American workers! They're really nice looking! Happy 2021 to all.

sebvox

Love finding a good deal!
- Erik

4 Ghost

Quote from: springfield art on February 23, 2021, 10:12:59 AM
Wow! Today, went to my local gun store after many weeks of avoiding the crowds and lack of ammo & stuff. There on a bargain rack, they had Remington Factory wood grips, new in packaging! Ten bucks! Grabbed 'em right up, they're marked made in USA by American workers! They're really nice looking! Happy 2021 to all.
Should have bought 2 at that price. A set to play around with.

springfield art

They  only had the one. The guy who owns the store does lots of estate and leftover and auction buys, and often has interesting one-of-a-kind items on a rack separate from inventoried merchandise. Left over ammo lots, (prior to the current panic), second hand stuff. Yes, I would have gotten more had they been there. This was a useful forum for a while there, seems to have cooled off as fellows went onto other guns or projects. Thanks, 4 Ghost.

4 Ghost

You are welcome.  I have tried to generate interest and information for the Board.  Check in ever couple of weeks.  Semper Fi!

springfield art

Yeah, I will; again, this forum seems to have gone pretty cold, but it was interesting for all the input about this pistol; who'da thought so much would be bandied about the R51? That recall, all the proposed alterations and after-market parts, etc. This We'll Defend!

sebvox

Hopefully Roundhill will do something with the R51 in the future now that the users have figured out how to make the gun function properly...  Still hoping for the R52 (.40 S&W) and the R53 (.45 ACP).
- Erik

springfield art

Ain't gonna happen; these guns are "dead", and too small for such ctgs. There's plenty of small semi-autos on the market in those calibers...

lklawson

I guess time will tell.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

sebvox

Quote from: springfield art on March 29, 2021, 02:03:15 PM
Ain't gonna happen; these guns are "dead", and too small for such ctgs. There's plenty of small semi-autos on the market in those calibers...

Yes, for now the gun is dead.  Vista Outdoor came and took all the manufacturing equipment out of the Huntsville plant.  So it would be hard to start production back up.  Maybe at their next 100 year celebration they'll bring it back.  However, I disagree on the "too small for such cartridges."  Remington themselves announced that it was part of the plan to have other calibers in the R51.  And yes there are plenty of conceal carry pistols out there in .45 ACP, .40 S&W, and even in 9mm Luger.  Some even smaller than the R51.  Heck, the R51 with all its issues and bad reviews still sold out at every gun store.  Just curious about what the folks in the Ilion, NY plant are doing.  They supposedly went back to work at the beginning of March.  Did Ilion get rid of their equipment to make 1911s when the Huntsville plant opened?  Hope not.
- Erik

springfield art

You are right; but this pistol ain't comin' back now or ever! I like mine, don't get me wrong, but it's a "tainted" thing at this point. The pistol world will move on from this; there's so many choices out there, or will be at some point. Heard on the radio that the president if mulling over "exec. orders" he can pronounce to address the "gun issue". We live in 'interesting times'!