• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Grips?

Started by Plain Old Dave, November 21, 2019, 09:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renoel55

Quote from: sebvox on April 23, 2020, 04:14:14 PM
Quote from: Anviljk on January 04, 2020, 08:49:13 PM
Sadly, I dont see anyone selling Remington branded wood grips anymore.

There is a guy on ebay selling the Remington wood grips.  He had 10 pair but is down to 4 pair.

Link ?

Gunfisher

Quote from: sebvox on April 23, 2020, 04:14:14 PM
Quote from: Anviljk on January 04, 2020, 08:49:13 PM
Sadly, I dont see anyone selling Remington branded wood grips anymore.

There is a guy on ebay selling the Remington wood grips.  He had 10 pair but is down to 4 pair.
He is down to 3 pair now. They might need some attention but look good overall .                                                                                                                                                               

sebvox

Looks like he can get more because he's got 8 pairs in stock now.
- Erik

renoel55

Quote from: sebvox on April 25, 2020, 09:37:59 PM
Looks like he can get more because he's got 8 pairs in stock now.

Yes, I just ordered a pair ...  Very nice and reasonably priced.

Gunfisher

I bought the set off E-Bay they were a little dull so I touched them up . They fit perfectly, very well made and best of all they still use the OEM grip screws. They are slightly contoured and feel good compared to the slab side grips that come on it.

sebvox

Nice... mine arrive tomorrow.  I think they got hung up somewhere along the way.  Did you hit them with some polyurethane or something?  I was going to ask if they are contoured.  It is hard to tell from the photos.
- Erik

sebvox

The wood grips finally came in today.  I put them on the gun and they feel great!.  The contour of the grip is so much better than the original flat plastic grips.  I will say that even though the wood grips have a checkered pattern they are smoother than the plastic.  The plastic knurls have more bite.  The wood is solid and appears to be CNC'd, not laser cut. Can't tell what species of wood but it is pretty hard.  It doesn't appear to have a finish on it.  I do own the smoke model and the color of the wood just doesn't really go with the look, so I am going to stain them black so you will still be able to see the wood grain.  I'll take pictures when that is done.  Below are the pictures of what was delivered.
- Erik

sebvox

Here are some photos of the new contoured grips stained black with a satin polyurethane finish coat.  You can see in the profile how they are shaped.
- Erik

sebvox

Here are the grips in the 2018 catalog.
- Erik

sebvox

The same seller on ebay has grips, fiber optic sites, and Gen 2 magazines.  He lives in the neighborhood right next to the Huntsville, plant.  So not sure if he is an employee or knows someone on the inside.  On all three listings he is allowing offers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/R51-Wooden-Grips/274367896093?hash=item3fe199da1d:g:BGEAAOSwObRem54Y

https://www.ebay.com/itm/R51-Fiber-Optic-Sights/274341153613?hash=item3fe001cb4d:g:IfEAAOSwSPVem5vP

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remington-Single-Stack-9mm-7-Round-Stainless-Magazine-for-R51-Pistols-17696/274367902763?hash=item3fe199f42b:g:LZ8AAOSwJ-9ewFOH
- Erik

44fanatic

I bought a set from eBay. They come and go but I just saw more listed two days ago. I like the palm swells and the way they look. Decent price too.

Wilsonink

I lucked out and got these exact grips from eBay in June 2020. The guy only had 5 pair. I went back a few days later to get another pair for a spare but they were already gone. I'm glad I got them when they did. Fits my hand perfectly because of the contour. I'm wondering if the guy will make any more. If you have a chance to get these get them.

4 Ghost

Added a set of Remington Factory Wood Grips to my all black R51.  They are nice touch and contrast.