• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Hello from Illinois

Started by mhartler, September 25, 2019, 09:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhartler

Ordered mine last week and picking it this week.  I got a couple of hours of free range time with it so I hope to put a few hundred rounds through it this weekend.  Thanks for the add!

FlatEarther

Welcome from Texas!... post a range report when you get a chance.... Joe

mhartler

I will... Should be going tomorrow. Going to wipe it off and shoot it out of the box.

mhartler

Informal range report...
150 rounds of Remington UMC 115 grain FMJ, R51 out of the box

First few rounds one in the magazine just to test the gun. 7 yards first one in the X... Had to laugh. Nice recoil... Easy like my Makarov.

Next few magazines of 5 rounds no issues.

Next few magazines of 7 rounds no issues.

First try at 7+1 FTE the first round, after clearing rest ok.

Second 7+1, same issue

Third 7+1, no issues

Fourth 7+1, i forget... Sorry

After that shot only 7 round (6+1 if you want to call it) magazines with no issues and dead nuts on.  Shoots great. Love the feel of the gun and it's so accurate based on my ability.  Shot out to ten yards and it was great. Tomorrow I'll take her apart to clean.

I'll do a bit of research but a few YouTube vids show the same issue with 7+1. My first impressions are I'd trust it with 6+1 to carry but I want to put another couple hundred rounds through it next weekend.

Marc

FlatEarther

Thx for the report.
In my experience: the R51 benefits from a clean and lube about every 200 rounds.
Joe

mhartler

And I will when I get home. I just wanted to see what she did out of the box. Just a great feeling gun... Love it so far.

Marc

R51Fan2017

Welcome aboard and thanks for the report back! Glad you had no issues overall with it except with the 7+1. After having put several hundred through mine, I have had no problems with 7+1. It is a very natural feeling gun for sure. Field strip is not so natural lol! Your probably not going to be all warm and fuzzy feeling after that experience! But it really is a great gun. I'm glad I have the one I got.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

mhartler

Haha! I look forward to cleaning her this weekend!

R51Fan2017

"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Zorba

After you clean it, then look at another thread here on this forum for the tool set that makes that job 1,000% easier!
"The Veiled Male"

mhartler

Already read that one and will order the tool.  I just want to experience the pain one time without it.

Marc

Zenshot

How did the field strip and reassembly go?  The videos on the Remington website help. 
-David