• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Victor from Texas

Started by 58Victor, June 14, 2019, 12:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58Victor

Hi All,

I am very happy to find this group.  I have done very little shooting over the last 40 years, but am now getting back into it.  I found out about the R51 from an instructor at Marksman range, and bought one from Bud's really cheap and loved it.  I began looking into buying a Crimson Trace sight for it, and discovered I could buy another R51, with the  Crimson Trace already installed, for not too much more than buying the Crimson Trace Alone.  Now I own 2 R51s and am very pleased with them

FlatEarther

Welcome Victor... The R51 has apparently been discontinued so glad you found two at a good price... Joe

58Victor

Yes, I checked the 2019 Remington catalog, and did not see the R51, so I called Remington and they confirmed that it was discontinued to me over the phone.  Do you know if anyone offers an "armorer's kit" that contains the parets of an R51 that are likely to wear out?

FlatEarther

I don't know of any parts sources but expect others may chime in... Good luck!

Zenshot

Welcome to the forum Victor!  Several of us here own more than one R51 also.
-David

Zenshot

I emailed Remington about replacement recoil springs and the reply said Remington would sell them to me.  Maybe other parts are available too.
-David

58Victor

Thanks for the helpful responses!

R51Fan2017

Flatearther beat me to it. I have been on a brief early summer hiatus. Welcome aboard Victor, glad you could find two of them! I expect prices to go down slightly further before they bottom out. Looks like we still may see some good deals for a little while to come.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder