• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

R1 $75 Cash Rebate

Started by FlatEarther, May 02, 2019, 09:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenshot

The R1 Enhanced is a smart looking 1911.
-David

springfield art

Hello, all; Anyone interested in the Remington company needs to read the article "Gun Money", by Jesse Baron, in the 5/5/19 issue of the NY Times Magazine. The reality behind ownership and financing is at great odds with the corporate imaging presented by ad copywriters and gun owners' nostalgic impressions of firearms manufacturing. The information about the actual assembly line workers is particularly jarring. That one leveraging firm can buy up so many gun makers and then wring them as cash cows bodes ill for the industry. Thanks for reading, everyone.   

lklawson

Quote from: springfield art on May 05, 2019, 12:36:41 PM
Hello, all; Anyone interested in the Remington company needs to read the article "Gun Money", by Jesse Baron, in the 5/5/19 issue of the NY Times Magazine. The reality behind ownership and financing is at great odds with the corporate imaging presented by ad copywriters and gun owners' nostalgic impressions of firearms manufacturing. The information about the actual assembly line workers is particularly jarring. That one leveraging firm can buy up so many gun makers and then wring them as cash cows bodes ill for the industry. Thanks for reading, everyone.
This isn't exactly a new thing.  Heck, it's a major plot point to a 30-year old blockbuster: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Woman

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

springfield art

Thanks for the 'Pretty Woman' tip!

Zenshot

When a company goes public, it's vulnerable to the wolves.
-David

funflyer

Grab-a-Gun has the enhanced 9mm for $559. This is my favorite 9mm and to get one for under 5 large after rebate I'd recommend jumping on it if you're interested. I'm hoping GaG drops the price of the 45 enhanced before the end of the rebate so I am forced to buy one also. :'(