• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Range Results

Started by fknipfer1, March 08, 2019, 09:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fknipfer1

I went to range today with two pistols a Sig P230 and the R51 Rem.  Fired 50 rounds thru both pistols and only had one malfunction, no it wasn't the R51 it was the Sig.
Makes me wonder are there other Semi-Autos that have malfunctions also.  I don't know of a  Semi-Auto that doesn't have a mishap also.  Anyway that's my opinion.

fknipfer1

GerryR

As a gunsmith, I can tell you that all makes and models, semi-autos and revolvers, rifles and shotguns, have problems.  Anything mechanical has its limitations.  :)
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from bad judgment!

Swschu

Fired a sig p320 subcompact and my r51. The R51 outperformed the sig. It will be a shame to see the r51 design fade away.

Zenshot

Put another 200 rounds through my Charlotte R51.  Ran smooth and hit its targets. Hovering around the 3,000 round mileage mark and it's all good.
-David

mr220v

I suspect the r51 will take an extremely high round count, probably even with +p ammo.  It might even take +p+ without flinching.

I feel like the performance of this gun's action improves on all the other various actions.

Here's an idea for a youtuber, someone could do a video where increasingly hotter loads were run to see what this action could tolerate.  Test it to failure on a bench.  If it survives well past saami specs, it might serve to recover a bit of confidence in this gun.