• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Hello from TN

Started by Plain Old Dave, January 28, 2019, 02:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plain Old Dave

Knoxville,  exactly.  Brand new Generation 2 owner; picked up a black one at Rural King last night. Observations:

1. Takedown is funky; having owned both a Model 12 and 14, I see the Pedersen influence in the breechblock.

2. This gun was test fired at Remington.  Good bit of copper fouling in the barrel.

I'm both an NRA Pistol instructor and a State permit instructor.  Looking forward to learning about the gun.

ulflyer

Dave,  welcome from a short timer also.  Somewhere on this forum is a thread that addresses serial numbers but can't find it now.   What is yours...or approx if you don't want to list the entire number.

Plain Old Dave

Zenshot

Welcome!  I lived in Knoxville for a couple of years. Still miss the scenery there.
-David

GerryR

Welcome Dave.  Everybody has the same complaint about field stripping this pistol.  I have come up with a couple of small tools to make this job much easier.  I will be posting some pictures and details on how to get them later today, good Lord willing.  The thread already exists, R51 Disassembly Tooling at this link:

http://r51pistol.com/r51-general-discussion/r51-disassembly-tooling/

As an instructor, I'm looking forward to your future evaluation of the R51 as a carry pistol.  I am an NRA instructor for Basic pistol and the R51 is my present carry gun.

Again, welcome.
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from bad judgment!