• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

R51 Disassembly Tooling

Started by GerryR, January 23, 2019, 01:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GerryR

I should have 4 more sets for the standard barrel available tomorrow; I have one set available for the threaded barrel.
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from bad judgment!

Zorba

I just found this thread - and I'll be "calling that man tomorrow!".

Although I think the teardown/re-assembly isn't as "bad" as a Ruger Mark III from a procedural standpoint, its waaaay worse from a logistical view. Although I'm not one to normally quote the man, in this case Adolf Hitler's quotation is apropos: "I'd rather have 3 teeth pulled than to go through that again!".
"The Veiled Male"

R51Fan2017

Quote from: Zorba on August 08, 2019, 09:46:08 PM
Although I'm not one to normally quote the man, in this case Adolf Hitler's quotation is apropos: "I'd rather have 3 teeth pulled than to go through that again!".

He probably suspects that Fegelein designed the pistol to make his life miserable! 😂😂
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

Zorba

Quote from: R51Fan2017 on August 09, 2019, 06:49:35 AM
Quote from: Zorba on August 08, 2019, 09:46:08 PM
Although I'm not one to normally quote the man, in this case Adolf Hitler's quotation is apropos: "I'd rather have 3 teeth pulled than to go through that again!".

He probably suspects that Fegelein designed the pistol to make his life miserable! 😂😂
So THAT'S why Fegelein was shot!  ;D

Order placed!
"The Veiled Male"

Zorba

Used the tools for the 1st time so I could replace the trigger - they make working on this pistol SANE, its now as easy as my CZ-75! THANK YOU - *MUCH* better!!!!!
"The Veiled Male"

Swschu

I know, I know....tooling can assist those with special needs but really, it doesn't have sound that difficult to disassemble and assemble an R51.

GerryR

Some of us old timers have arthritic hands; try taking one apart under these conditions.  Others just don't believe everything has to be done the hard way; tools make life a little easier!

Zorba

I guess I have "special needs" then, because I don't have 3 hands and my prehensile tail is too short. I've never seen a pistol that is such a PITA to deal with, and I've seen a few, including the notorious Ruger Mark III which is nowhere near as bad.
"The Veiled Male"

lklawson

Quote from: Zorba on August 17, 2019, 09:43:48 AM
I guess I have "special needs" then, because I don't have 3 hands and my prehensile tail is too short. I've never seen a pistol that is such a PITA to deal with, and I've seen a few, including the notorious Ruger Mark III which is nowhere near as bad.
It really doesn't give me any problems.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

jujonte

I am definitely interested. I've shot the crap out of my R51 and it IS a joy to fire. The reassembly though has given me some problems. I'll say one thing, my R51 works very well when it's dirty.
jujonte

GerryR

You can PM me or contact me through my website, www.totalautomation.us.
Gerry

mcrosa

Gerry r is the tool still available?

Mike

FlatEarther

Looks like he may have a new site...
https://dangerco.us/

EDIT ... the above site is for barrels and triggers

GerryR

I am still making the tools, but am out of stock right now.  I will have some available next week.  I no longer have a website; the website that FlatEarther posted is the person that makes threaded barrels and triggers for the R51.

You can contact me through private message, and I will send you my email address.  Pricing is $55.00 for the standard or threaded barrel tool and one thumb-pusher or $75.00 for both barrel tools and one thumb-pusher, plus $5.00 shipping to the lower 48 states.

GerryR

I now have a few sets available, if interested.