• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

R51 accessories are drying up.....

Started by Swschu, January 17, 2019, 03:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swschu

......or so it seems to me. I cant find fiber optic sights or piece parts. Even the G10 grips I just received are gone. Bad timing...it seems the pistol is gaining popularity.

GerryR

Yes, I'm hoping that Remington is not considering dropping this line.  Even the reduction in price for the magazines on their website would seem to indicate that they are trying to reduce / remove inventory, and some of the deals for the pistols from wholesalers would seem to indicate the same thing.  This has quickly become one of my favorite pistols.  I would like to see Remington expand this line to other calibers rather than drop it.  We'll see.
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from bad judgment!

Swschu

I did buy and receive a nylon shoulder holster from ebay. It is American made and very well made...fits my R51 perfectly.....$20....shipped! Holsterman..I highly recommend this product.

shinerjohn

The Remington site has all the R51 accessories again.  Magazines are back to $29.95! 

ulflyer

Hopefully that is a good sign of its continuance.  However, they are avail on Ebay for about $23 shipped. 

shinerjohn

BillySteph

I feel this pistol will start gaining ground now. It is the best shooting 9mm I own. For its size it's still a pleasure to shoot compared to some others of similar size. The dissembly and reassembly issues can be remedied with practice. Heck, my wife can field strip the thing and she will not even touch a 1911 to break down.

Engineerpower

I think if the Hearing Protection Act ever passed, affordable fixed-barrel pistols will suddenly be much more popular!
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

waltsblues

Quote from: Swschu on January 17, 2019, 03:15:11 PM
......or so it seems to me. I cant find fiber optic sights or piece parts. Even the G10 grips I just received are gone. Bad timing...it seems the pistol is gaining popularity.

I just received a set of fiber optic sights for my second R51 this week.

https://www.remington.com/shop/R51-Fiber-Optic-Sights-%28Set%29/p/17832
Birddogs, Home grown tomatoes and the Blues. To me it don't get much better than that!

Swschu

I am glad to see what I perceived as a drying up was wrong. I am thankful to have purchased my accessories at a lull time.

springfield art

I don't think the HPA will pass at this time, too much political acrimony; even thought I'm a gun owner, I don't think the idea of opening up the market for suppressors is a good idea. Criminals, particularly in the big cities, will take advantage of the ability to defeat gunshot sensors in use by law enforcement, and all the law abiding users will be blamed in general. The proposal to grant amnesty to the full-auto arms in the basements and attics of the passing-away generation of WW2 and Korea vets will go nowhere in this climate, either. Protect your hearing with the many updated options available; muffs, plugs, electronic muffs, etc. Thanks, everyone.