• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Trigger - Who wants a metal one?

Started by Trojan117, January 14, 2019, 06:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gewehr98

Will be watching closely, myself!  I plan on modifying one with 3 Videki 1911-style holes and grooved face.   8)

waltsblues

Keep looking for updates on the triggers but don't see any.
Any news or projected date ?
Birddogs, Home grown tomatoes and the Blues. To me it don't get much better than that!

russc2542

In for one <50

It's not the material that bothers me but the sideways slop and overtravel after the very firm crisp wall. Overtravel's doable on a mushy wall-less trigger but on a crisp wall on the heavy side... no bueno.

Engineerpower

Putting final touches on, first batch will be up the weekend or very early next week  ;D
Cameron Husk
Dir, Engineering - DangerCo, LLC

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

Engineerpower

Cameron Husk

"Therefore, worry not for the morrow; the morrow shall worry for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." -Matthew 6:34

springfield art

This is great news! Springfield Art wants one! It looks GREAT! Can't wait. Thanks for tackling this. 

Engineerpower

Cameron Husk

Sirrus Rider

Quote from: Engineerpower on April 20, 2019, 12:37:44 PM
Triggers are live! Very limited quantities, get one while you can! Machining on 2nd run starts next week  8)

https://dangerco.us/R51-Trigger-Body-Slab-Red-p129442238

https://dangerco.us/R51-Trigger-Body-Skeletonized-Red-p136789361

Are there any other colors being offered in later runs?  I think silver or black in an echo of what OEM metal triggers from Remington would look like would be cool.

Engineerpower

Yep, next runs will be clear (no color) and black.
Cameron Husk

sawatis

Nice work! I'll be looking for a black one when they are ready👍🏻
John

springfield art

Just received my red skeletonized trigger! Lightning fast service, excellent little instruction sheet! I believe I can install with no problems as soon as I pick up a couple pin punches. (3/32 roll pin punch; 3/32 pin punch) as stated therein. The pistol will feel much better with the lateral wiggling corrected. Order one, you won't be sorry! Springfield Art. Thanks, DangerCo.  Word of caution; the tiny pin supplied is small! Don't let it fall out of the plastic container as I did. I found it nearby on the floor, luckily.  :D

Swschu

I received my trigger. Looks well made. Service was fantastic. Installation instructions included. I too need a roll pin punch and will attempt installing it myself.

springfield art

Hi, folks. People should be aware of what a 'roller pin' punch is. Machinists will know, but I was unaware and most hardware stores or big box tool depts. have no idea! It's just that a roller pin is a hollow tube, and the punch has a little ball-like protrusion that nestles into the hollow end, protecting the pin, unlike a regular punch that can just push out a solid pin with no problem. I ordered a 3/32" roller pin punch from Home Depot, for a few bucks, free delivered to my local store to pick up. So now we've all learned something more about guns, thanks to DangerCo! Don't waste time driving all over to a bunch of hardware stores looking for the punch; go on line and get one. I'm sure doing the installation myself is going to be fun. The skeletonized red trigger I got looks great! I carry EDC now a lot more, and have a good feel for the R51. Thanks, all.