• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

R51 Magazines

Started by GerryR, January 11, 2019, 05:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GerryR

I was just on the Remington website looking for magazines for the R51 (https://www.remington.com/shop/Magazines/c/HP-Magazines).  They are listed at $29.95 each.  When you click on the magazine, it takes you to the detailed page and the price is $14.99 each - half price!  Thought you might like to know.  :)
Good judgment comes from experience, which comes from bad judgment!

CW3Retired

Thanks!  Ordered two.

Vic

Spitfireguy

Seems the deal is done with.  Maybe that's a good sign?

GerryR

Maybe they were getting rid of old stock.  The ones I received needed the follower legs shortened in order to rack the slide with seven rounds in them.  I wonder if the $29.95 ones need that, or did they correct that issue??  (I'm not going to buy one to find out.)  :)

waltsblues

I got 2 for $29.18 in late November from Grabagun and they seem fine.
Just checked and they are $17.89 now and shipping is more. Took more than 3 weeks to get them though and that was ordered before the black Friday rush.
Birddogs, Home grown tomatoes and the Blues. To me it don't get much better than that!

Spitfireguy

Gerry, that thought has occurred to me as well.  I decided to go ahead and order two new ones at the regular price nevertheless - big green has to make some money from somewhere these days!  If the new magazines work great out-of-the-box I'll let you all know.

GerryR

Curious if you received your new magazines yet and if they work "out-of-the-box?"

Scribe

The angle of the R51 magazine is the same as a 1911 but many 1911 9mm magazines have a shim at the bullet base, inside which makes the magazine not fit the R51. Guess Remington is flooding the market with cheap guns to either dump inventory or hope to garner enthusiasm for the platform again.