• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

My new R51

Started by Hasaf, December 24, 2018, 06:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swschu

I cant find the hi viz optic sights anywhere! The link i posted has since been removed by Remington. I bought mine from them on clearance.

cpallenjr@q.com

They seem to be clearing everything R51 related out. Magazines for $14.99 - get em while they are hot!

https://www.remington.com/shop/R51-9mm-%2BP-7-Round-Magazine/p/17696

Swschu

With shipping they are cheaper on ebay😠

Scribe

Finally got the R51 to work, New Years eve, soaked it with oil and ran a box of hot 115 gr Federal through it, was balky first it would shoot 1 round and fail to feed or feed but not firesp more oil and try again. DON'T EVER CLEAN WITH EZOXX!! IT WILL SCREW IT UP.

Hasaf

At this point I have taken it out shooting a couple of times. I will admit that I had a failure to feed once with the first magazine through it. However, it is my little game to, unless it is obviously unsafe to do so, shoot the gun as delivered.

After cleaning it I have had no problems with over three hundred and fifty rounds. Syre, it needs more range time before it can be blessed as a carry piece; however, if I picked it up, in an emergency, I would be reasonably confident that it would fire if need be.

In all, I remain happy with it.

ulflyer

Hasaf:  good to hear.  Been too cold for me to do much other than the first week or so and I kept trying to make it shoot my reloads which I finally decided were simply too short.  It did fairly well with my longer reloads and factory bullets.