• Welcome to Remington R-51 Pistol Forum. Please log in or sign up.

Sootch did a review of the R51

Started by mr220v, December 15, 2018, 01:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr220v

He seemed almost apologetic that it did well.  Nice to see another semi-positive high profile review of the gun.

Zenshot

Good to see that his video had many positive comments by others who reported good reliability with their R51s.  It was obvious that the vast majority of negative comments were from people who have never owned a R51. 
-David

R51Fan2017

Hopefully with more reviews like his, maybe more people will at least take a look at the gun instead of turning their noses up at it. As Remington has found out, that negative publicity from the initial release is really devastating and almost impossible to overcome. Maybe the pendulum is swinging into their favor after these past 4 years.
"A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders."

- Larry Elder

SCurmudgeon

Amen!

I just saw an article on American Rifleman that talked about the market segment for affordable guns.

The Keefe Report: More Affordable Guns

I mention this because the first gun featured in the article is the Taurus Spectrum.  I remember there was a Spectrum thread on this forum when the first prototypes of the Spectrum were released.  Funny, it was over a year before Taurus actually got around to making the pistol available.  Perhaps Taurus learned something from Remington, but I digress.  I finally got around to laying my hands on the Taurus Spectrum last weekend and I was not a big fan.  And although comparing a sub-compact .380 to Reminging R51 is comparing apples to oranges, my point is this...

There are a lot of cheap guns out there, but the R51 is a lot of gun for the money!

Zenshot

Didn't Remington just hire a high level manager from Taurus?
-David

BillySteph

The review MAC did when the 2nd gen first came out is what caused the bad press for this handgun to be the popular thing to do. I have watched his video a few times and I think the whole thing was BS with that review.

Sootch had 1 malfunction out of 600 rounds and still wouldn't recommend the gun for carry because of all the other BS reviews.  I mean come on what is it going to take ???? Mine is supposed to be a Christmas gift from the wife but I went ahead grabbed from under the tree and put 400 flawless rounds through it with FMJ and HP.....It's sitting wrapped back under tree, lol

Scribe

You have one that actually works, sheesh, thiught it may be a worthwhile tool but it is a stinker. Faiure to feed, or failure to fire, its junk.

mr220v

I have two that actually work.

Nice finish, milled not cast, no plastic or zamak, $200.  Whats not to like.